Community Organizer - Queens
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need a results-driven Community Organizer to join our Enrollment Team.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Enrollment, the Community Organizer will create and maintain positive working relationships with community leaders and organizations on behalf of Success Academies. S/he is a self-starter committed to educational choice, education reform and the development of exemplary schools.
*This position is based out of our central office with required travel to school sites and various locations across Queens.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain positive working relationships with community leaders and organizations on behalf of Success Academy;
- Develop comprehensive outreach plans that carefully consider the needs of each community and fits into a larger Enrollment strategy; and
- Collaborate with Parent Engagement Managers to schedule, host and facilitate events, and identify further opportunities to reach prospective families.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Has 2+ years canvassing and organizing experience in political or issue campaigns;
- Is a skilled relationship builder that can identify community organizations and leaders to establish and nurture relationships to help build awareness of and partnerships with Success Academy; and
- Has a positive, “can do” attitude and will identify opportunities to gain deeper insight into creating more efficient and streamlined processes.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top