At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 14,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
To achieve exceptional results for children, we hire the best and the brightest. We value excellence and ethics, celebrate diversity, and are relentlessly committed to improving ourselves and our work to enhance the lives of our scholars.
We are seeking a motivated, goal-oriented Community Organizer to create and maintain positive working relationships with community leaders and organizations on behalf of Success Academies. S/he is a self-starter committed to educational choice, education reform and the development of exemplary schools.
Reporting directly to the Associate Director of Enrollment, our Community Organizer should be someone who…
- Has 2+ years canvassing and organizing experience in political or issue campaigns;
- Can develop comprehensive outreach plans that carefully consider the needs of each community and fits into a larger Enrollment strategy;
- Is a skilled relationship builder that can identify community organizations and leaders to establish and nurture relationships to help build awareness of and partnerships with Success Academy;
- Enjoys collaboration and will work with Parent Engagement Managers to schedule, host and facilitate events and identify further opportunities to reach prospective families;
- Has a positive, “can do” attitude and will identify opportunities to gain deeper insight into creating more efficient and streamlined processes; and
- Is fluent in English and Spanish.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top