We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven Community Organizer to join our Parent Engagement team.
Our goal-oriented Community Organizer will create and maintain positive working relationships with community leaders and organizations on behalf of Success Academies. S/he is a self-starter committed to educational choice, education reform and the development of exemplary schools.
*This position is based out of our central office with required travel to school sites and various locations across the city. We currently have openings to support the followings boroughs: Brooklyn, Queens and Lower Manhattan.
Reporting directly to the Associate Director of Enrollment, our Community Organizer should be someone who…
- Has 2+ years canvassing and organizing experience in political or issue campaigns;
- Can develop comprehensive outreach plans that carefully consider the needs of each community and fits into a larger Enrollment strategy;
- Is a skilled relationship builder that can identify community organizations and leaders to establish and nurture relationships to help build awareness of and partnerships with Success Academy;
- Enjoys collaboration and will work with Parent Engagement Managers to schedule, host and facilitate events and identify further opportunities to reach prospective families;
- Has a positive, “can do” attitude and will identify opportunities to gain deeper insight into creating more efficient and streamlined processes; and
- Is fluent in English and Spanish.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.