We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven Community Development Associate to join our Community Development team.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Community Development, the Community Development Associate will manage a variety of projects related to employee relations, performance, engagement, and retention, while building stronger school communities and relationships at the school-level. Community Development Associates are dedicated to visiting our schools throughout the year to help maintain a strong culture amongst the adults, share best practices, and provide support wherever needed.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting tasks and projects related to employee retention for school-based staff including school visits;
- Playing an active role in the internal school leadership promotion and placement process and career development projects such as career development nights;
- Assisting with day-to-day scheduling including research, document preparation and tracking, meeting space preparation, meal coordination, and travel between schools and the Network office;
- Providing high-level administrative support to the team as needed; and
- Assisting with special event logistics (team off-sites, team meetings, teacher recognition events, etc.).
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics. They:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree, and at least 1-2 years of relevant experience working in a fast-paced work environment in the areas of talent management, employee retention, project management, and/or customer service;
- Have sophisticated interpersonal and listening skills, and know how to navigate challenging people dynamics and difficult conversations;
- Are highly organized and able to independently manage projects and deadlines;
- Approach challenges in creative ways and find thoughtful solutions with a sense of urgency;
- Keep track of upcoming, ongoing, and past work product, understand shifting priorities and deadlines, and can juggle multiple and varied projects simultaneously;
- Are enthusiastic about taking on last-minute challenges and changes in schedules; and
- Can work independently, be assertive and resourceful, and make thoughtful decisions about projects.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.