Community Development Associate
The Community Development (CD) Team is a newly created team within the larger Talent Team at the Network focused on providing high levels of support for school-based staff. The CD Team manages a variety of projects related to employee relations, performance, engagement and retention; all while boasting stronger school communities & relationships at the school-level.
Community Development Associates are dedicated to visiting our schools throughout the year to help maintain a strong adult culture, share best practices and provide support wherever needed.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join our Community Development (CD) Team and partner with our schools to positively impact school communities and employee retention across our growing network of schools. The role will require significant interpersonal skills, project management skills, and organized administrative support.
At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Our schools rank in the top 1% in math and top 3% in English among all New York State schools, while serving children with an overall poverty rate of 77%. We also act as a catalyst and model for education reform nationwide so that all kids can have access to high-quality schools.
We believe all children can achieve at extremely high levels, and we believe this starts with the dedication of exceptional and diligent adults. We are building a movement to transform public education. It’s no easy feat, but we can promise it will be one of the most rewarding. Are you ready to join?
Reporting directly to our Managing Director of Community Development, responsibilities include:
- Supporting with tasks and projects related to employee retention for school-based staff including school visits.
- Playing an active role in the internal school leadership promotion and placement process and career development projects such as career development nights, and other projects as needed.
- Assisting with the day-to-day scheduling including research, document preparation and tracking, meeting space preparation, meal coordination, traveling between schools and the Network office.
- Providing high-level administrative support to the team as needed.
- Assisting with special event logistics as needed (team off-sites, team meetings, teacher recognition events, etc.)
An ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree, and at least 1-2 years of relevant experience working in a fast-paced work environment in the areas of talent management, employee retention, project management, and/or customer service.
The candidate must demonstrate competency in the following areas:
- People savvy. Sophisticated interpersonal skills, great listener, and knows how to navigate challenging people dynamics and difficult conversations.
- Organization. Highly organized and able to independently manage projects and deadlines.
- Problem-solving. Approaches challenges in creative ways and finds thoughtful solutions with a sense of urgency.
- Organization and project management. Keeps track of upcoming, ongoing, and past work product. Understands shifting priorities and deadlines and can juggle multiple and varied projects simultaneously.
- Oral and written communication. Strong communication skills that can be utilized in planning, organizing and communicating with internal and external audiences.
In addition, the following characteristics are required to be successful on this team:
- Flexibility. Enthusiastic about taking on last-minute challenges and changes in schedule.
- Dedication to mission. A genuine interest in finding ways to improve public education and support our schools.
- Independence. Can work independently, be assertive and resourceful, and make thoughtful decisions about projects.
- Collaboration. Works with teammates to create the final product.
- “Beyond Z” attitude. Willingness to go above and beyond the requirements of the job to be innovative and support the organization.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume. Make a compelling argument in your cover letter about your candidacy and qualifications. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top