At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 14,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
Our Data Science and Information Systems (DSIS) department ensures we all work collaboratively and more efficiently to support our growing network of schools. By implementing cutting edge technology, built in-house and from 3rd party vendors, we are able to help the organization scale by streamlining processes and making sure everyone has access to mission-critical information 24/7. In effect, the DSIS department's goal is to help everyone at Success work better, more efficiently, and with access to all available sources of information. We’re looking for a tactical, organized, and detail-oriented Cloud Engineer to help manage initiatives for our Data Science team.
Our Cloud Engineer will be responsible for building and maintaining our cloud infrastructure in Amazon Web Services (AWS), while also working with the rest of the Data Science team to build real products that have an immediate effect on our organization and scholars. Reporting directly to our Managing Director, s/he will be comfortable jumping in the deep end and learning new skills, and should be someone who can...
- Design, build, and maintain infrastructure on AWS environment;
- Migrate existing services from physical data centers to AWS cloud;
- Write scripts to automate operations and server management;
- Maintain QA and Production configuration using automation tools;
- Build and maintain operations tools for monitoring, notifications, trending, and analysis;
- Define, create, test, and execute operations procedures;
- Troubleshoot production issues;
- Work comfortably with automation/orchestration software (Ansible);
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with capacity to work with multiple teams on completing a variety of projects; and
- Bring a strong interest in education reform and working for a mission-driven organization.
Preferred (but not required) qualifications also include:
- Ability to effectively construct SQL queries (mostly Postgres, but some MS SQL Server and MySQL as well);
- High level of comfort with Python;
- Experience profiling and optimizing SQL queries;
To join our team, upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top