As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need a results-driven Chess Teacher to join our school community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Building a classroom culture in which scholars develop a love for chess and enhance critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Teaching a rigorous chess curriculum to scholars that begins with chess basics and progresses to checkmate patterns and tactics;
- Coaching and developing a high-performing team of scholars to compete in city, state, and national chess tournaments;
- Investing parents by coordinating and leading family chess nights and internal network chess tournaments; and
- Engaging in training and collaborating with chess teachers and leaders across the network to benefit from targeted feedback and professional development related to instruction and content.
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics. They:
- Have an advanced understanding of the game of chess; tournament experience a plus;
- Have teaching experience with a record of propelling student’s understanding and love of chess;
- Are a person of high moral character; and
- Are passionate about chess and learning.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.