Our School Psychologists work collaboratively with school leadership, students, parents, teachers, and school support staff to help our students achieve the highest degree of academic, emotional, and behavioral success. Your job is to hold all students to high expectations, support the needs of a diverse student population, and determine appropriate strategies and interventions that will allow students to academically excel. Engaged in our mission to re-imagine public education, you will develop as a professional faster and more intensely than ever before. This will be a compelling intellectual and educational adventure that will transform you as a person and while doing so you will impact hundreds of students’ lives.
At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 14,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
In all grades, pre-K through 12, our exploration-driven curriculum focuses on the whole child and includes chess, art, and other specialized subjects that bring excitement to the school day and foster a lifelong love of learning. To achieve exceptional results for children, we hire the best, brightest, and most highly motivated adults we can find. We value excellence, celebrate diversity, and are relentlessly committed to improving ourselves and our work to enhance the lives of our scholars.
As a School Psychologist in one of our Bronx schools, you will:
- Serve as a leader in the school, building strong relationships with students and their families to support students’ academic success;
- Conduct psychoeducational evaluations, including cognitive and academic achievement testing, and provide high-quality counseling sessions for scholars with IEPs and at-risk scholars;
- Create, implement, and track behavior intervention plans for students with behavioral needs;
- Lead crisis management for scholars in need of this support; and
- Engage in school-based support team to ensure student progress through the right supports and interventions.
To be considered as a School Psychologist, you must:
- Have a valid NY State psychologist certification;
- Have experience with a variety of psycho-educational and behavioral assessment tools;
- Have a background in counseling and crisis management;
- Be a person of high moral character; and
- Be passionate about learning.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume. Make a compelling argument in your cover letter about your candidacy and qualifications. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.