We are seeking an ambitious Benefits Associate, who is passionate about employee wellbeing, to join our Success Academies team.
The Human Resources team strategically supports employees across all of the Success Academy Charter Schools, creating a culture of joyful excellence. The team’s initiatives range from new hire orientation, performance management, benefits & compensation analysis, and retention & development.
At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 14,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
In all grades, pre-K through 12, our exploration-driven curriculum focuses on the whole child and includes chess, art, and other specialized subjects that bring excitement to the school day and foster a lifelong love of learning. To achieve exceptional results for children, we hire the best, and the brightest. We value excellence, ethics, and celebrate diversity, and are relentlessly committed to improving ourselves and our work to enhance the lives of our scholars.
Our Benefits Associate will report directly to our Associate Director of Benefits and should be someone who will…
- Manage, audit, process and assist new, existing and former employees with all aspects of our benefits plans comprised of medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, perks, commuter, medical and dependent care FSA and 403(b) retirement plans;
- Create, coordinate, implement and manage wellness programming to reduce health risk, medical costs and encourage healthy lifestyles through onsite fitness classes, biometric screenings, flu shots and more;
- Coordinate with the operations, schooling, finance and marketing teams to encourage healthy choices and habits across the entire network;
- Build partnerships with external brokers and vendors for accurate reporting and to tailor offerings for our employees;
- Support the Human Resources and Benefits teams through cross-training and additional projects;
- Thrive in our fast-paced and results-driven environment where entrepreneurialism and innovation are valorized; and
- Demonstrate expertise and knowledge of industry trends, regulations and reporting requirements through Benefits related certifications and associations.
To join our team, please upload a resume and cover letter that outlines how your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top