We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven Basketball Coach to join our school community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Inspiring a profound love of athletics in all students;
- Collaborating with other coaches across the network to build a world-class basketball program in our elementary schools;
- Instilling values of respect, team spirit, passion, modesty, fair play, and individuality in our students;
- Managing a rigorous basketball team focused on developing scholars’ technical skills at a high level;
- Investing parents and families in the transformative role athletics can play in children’s lives; and
- Engaging in training with school leaders and benefitting from targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction, which accelerates learning and growth with unparalleled support.
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics. They:
- Have experience coaching youth basketball with a record of excellence;
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree, with an outstanding record of academic achievement and extracurricular leadership;
- Are a person of high moral character; and
- Are passionate about basketball.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.