As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life.
Success Academy was founded with the dual mission of building outstanding schools in New York City and advancing educational progress across the country. This fall, we achieved a milestone in pursuit of this dual mission, with the opening of our Robertson Center at Hudson Yards.
Through its extensive educator- and public-facing programming, the Robertson Center will serve as a powerful engine to make great schooling a reality for more and more children, nationwide, and even across the globe. Now, we need a results-driven Audience Engagement Manager to join our founding team.
The Robertson Center brings together a state-of-the-art training facility with Success Academy’s first K-8 Lab School, providing a one-of-a-kind setting to innovate and reimagine pre-K-12 public education. Located in New York's Hudson Yards neighborhood, the Robertson Center serves as the main headquarters for the Success Academy Education Institute, which provides the comprehensive training and professional development that drives our excellence and sets SA apart.
As a physical space, the Center will mobilize educators and the broader education ecosystem to look for innovative solutions to deep-seated educational challenges — and through the Lab School, give them both real-time inspiration and practical demonstration of ways to reimagine public education. And through specialized programs sponsored by the Center, we will accelerate the vitally important work of sharing and operationalizing our tested approach to pre-K-12 education beyond the walls of Success Academy.
Reporting to the Executive Director of the Robertson Center, the Audience Engagement Manager should have 3-5 years of experience in building buzz, establishing a brand, and driving engagement.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the strategy, planning, execution, and ongoing optimization of the Robertson Center’s digital presence, in close and consistent collaboration with Success Academy’s Director of Digital Content, to reach our key audiences;
- Owning development and execution of an online audience building strategy for the Robertson Center, with a focus on educators, and the broader ecosystem of education influencers (civic/business/non-profit leaders, media, parents, etc.);
- Acting as a community manager by engaging and responding to audiences;
- Coordinating Twitter Chats, Facebooks Lives, and social media takeovers (includes conducting interviews, speaking on camera, etc.);
- Supporting on development and execution of multi-media content strategy, including podcasts and other content live from our state-of-the-art recording studio;
- Creating and executing monthly content calendars, as well as reactive and real-time content;
- Working closely with our Advocacy and Communications teams to identify opportunities to engage in the local and national education conversation;
- Developing partnerships with influencers and other collaborators;
- Owning e-newsletter strategy and execution; and
- Helping to establish voice and identity for the Robertson Center that is consistent with and helps advance the broader Success Academy brand.
Our ideal Manager has 3 to 5 years of experience growing online communities and developing digital strategies or social media campaigns, with a proven track record of results (please provide links to profiles as examples). A commitment to improving public education and ensuring all students have access to a high quality school, a can-do attitude, high standard for excellence, sophisticated writing style, and a good sense of humor are critical.
A successful candidate will also possess the following characteristics:
- Proactive go-getter energized by the opportunity to be part of a founding team;
- Exceptional communication skills (must be comfortable presenting and speaking on camera);
- Strong project management and attention to detail, including experience copywriting and proofreading;
- Analytical ability to translate data into actionable insights;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven, collaborative environment; and
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, as necessary.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.