Success Academy was founded with the dual mission of building outstanding schools in New York City and advancing educational progress across the country. This fall, we achieved a milestone in pursuit of this dual mission, with the opening of our Robertson Center at Hudson Yards.
Through its extensive educator- and public-facing programming, the Robertson Center will serve as a powerful engine to make great schooling a reality for more and more children, nationwide, and even across the globe. Now, we need a results-driven Audience Engagement Manager to join our founding team.
The Robertson Center brings together a state-of-the-art training facility with Success Academy’s first K-8 Lab School, providing a one-of-a-kind setting to innovate and reimagine pre-K-12 public education. Located in New York's Hudson Yards neighborhood, the Robertson Center serves as the main headquarters for the Success Academy Education Institute, which provides the comprehensive training and professional development that drives our excellence and sets SA apart.
Reporting to the Executive Director of the Robertson Center, the Audience Engagement Manager should have 3-5 years of experience in building buzz, establishing a brand, and driving engagement.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the strategy, planning, execution, and ongoing optimization of the Robertson Center’s digital presence, in close and consistent collaboration with Success Academy’s Director of Digital Content, to reach our key audiences;
- Coordinating Twitter Chats, Facebooks Lives, and social media takeovers (includes conducting interviews, speaking on camera, etc.) as well as e-newsletter strategy and execution;
- Supporting on development and execution of multi-media content strategy, including podcasts and other content live from our state-of-the-art recording studio;
- Owning development and execution of an online audience building strategy for the Robertson Center, with a focus on educators, and the broader ecosystem of education influencers (civic/business/non-profit leaders, media, parents, etc.);
- Acting as a community manager by engaging and responding to audiences;
- Creating and executing monthly content calendars, as well as reactive and real-time content;
- Developing partnerships with influencers and other collaborators; and
- Helping to establish voice and identity for the Robertson Center that is consistent with and helps advance the broader Success Academy brand.
Our ideal Manager has 3 to 5 years of experience growing online communities and developing digital strategies or social media campaigns, with a proven track record of results (please provide links to profiles as examples). A commitment to improving public education and ensuring all students have access to a high quality school, a can-do attitude, high standard for excellence, sophisticated writing style, and a good sense of humor are critical.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Proactive go-getter energized by the opportunity to be part of a founding team;
- Exceptional communication skills (must be comfortable presenting and speaking on camera);
- Strong project management and attention to detail, including experience copywriting and proofreading;
- Analytical ability to translate data into actionable insights;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven, collaborative environment; and
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, as necessary.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.