We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven Associate Teacher to join our school community.
The Associate Teacher position is a full-time, entry-level teaching opportunity that sets you on the fast track to becoming an exceptional Lead Teacher. As an Associate Teacher you will receive extensive professional development from experienced teachers and talented school leaders, build deep relationships with parents and students, work in a joyful environment that sets high academic standards for children, and join a community of educators committed to transforming public education in New York City.
Key responsibilities include:
- Teaching small groups and leading whole-class instruction using an inquiry-based, rigorous curriculum that inspires intellectual curiosity, reinforces the joy of learning, and enables all students to thrive;
- Working collaboratively with Lead Teachers, assuming increased teaching responsibilities while progressing towards the Lead Teacher role;
- Engaging in training with school leaders to benefit from targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction, accelerating learning and growth with unparalleled support;
- Developing meaningful relationships with scholars and parents that drive scholars to love learning and make exceptional academic gains; and
- Joining a highly motivated team committed to education reform, parent choice, and the building of exemplary schools.
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics. They:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree, with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership;
- Are a person of high moral character; and
- Are passionate about learning.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.