Our Associate Teacher Program is a full-time, entry-level teaching opportunity that sets you on the fast track to be an exceptional Lead Teacher. Launch your career in a joyful environment, while setting a high bar for academic rigor and educating the whole child. As an Associate Teacher, you will receive extensive professional development from experienced teachers and talented school leaders, build deep relationships with parents and students, work in a joyful environment that sets high academic standards for children, and join a community of educators committed to transforming public education in New York City.
At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 14,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
In all grades, pre-K through 12, our exploration-driven curriculum focuses on the whole child and includes chess, art, and other specialized subjects that bring excitement to the school day and foster a lifelong love of learning. To achieve exceptional results for children, we hire the best, the brightest, and the most highly motivated adults we can find. We value excellence, celebrate diversity, and are relentlessly committed to improving ourselves and our work to enhance the lives of our scholars.
As an Associate Teacher, you will:
- Teach small groups and lead whole-class instruction using an inquiry-based, rigorous curriculum that inspires intellectual curiosity, reinforces the joy of learning, and enables all students to thrive
- Work collaboratively with Lead Teachers, assuming increased teaching responsibilities while progressing towards the Lead Teacher role
- Engage in training with school leaders and benefit from targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction, accelerating learning and growth with unparalleled support
- Develop meaningful relationships with scholars and parents that drive scholars to love learning and make exceptional academic gains
- Join a highly motivated team committed to education reform, parent choice, and building of exemplary schools
To be considered as an Associate Teacher, you must:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree, with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership
- Be a person of high moral character
- Be passionate about learning
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top