Associate Science Teacher
Our Associate Science Teacher Program is a full-time, entry-level teaching opportunity that sets you on the fast track to becoming an exceptional Lead Science Teacher. Our science teachers are passionate about inspiring a love for science in our students through inquiry-based learning and hands-on science exploration. You will receive extensive professional development from experienced science teachers and talented school leaders. You will become a master across a variety of science fields, work in a joyful environment that sets high academic standards for children, and join a community of educators committed to transforming public education in New York City.
At Success Academy, we are redefining what's possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, from Brooklyn to the Bronx, serving approximately 14,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
In all grades, pre-K through 12, our exploration-driven curriculum focuses on the whole child and includes chess, art, and other specialized subjects that bring excitement to the school day and foster a lifelong love of learning. To achieve exceptional results for children, we hire the best, the brightest, and the most highly motivated adults we can find. We value excellence, celebrate diversity, and are relentlessly committed to improving ourselves and our work to enhance the lives of our scholars.
As an Associate Science Teacher, you will:
- Teach small groups and lead whole-class science instruction using a rigorous, inquiry-based curriculum
- Facilitate scholars’ increasing independence in developing their own scientific processes, from basic skills, to analyzing data, to fully internalizing the scientific method
- Work collaboratively with Lead Science Teachers, benefiting from support and mentorship as you take on increasing responsibilities
- Engage in training with school leaders and receive targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction
- Drive academic outcomes by analyzing data, studying student work, and implementing high leverage instructional moves to ensure dramatic gains for all students
- Develop strong relationships with parents and students, creating investment around school culture and academics
To be considered as an Associate Science Teacher, you must:
- Hold a Bachelor's degree, with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership
- Be a person of high moral character
- Be passionate about science and learning
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top