We are New York City's top-performing and fastest-growing charter school network, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven Associate Science Teacher to join our school community.
Our Associate Science Teacher position is a full-time, entry-level teaching opportunity that sets you on the fast track to becoming an exceptional Lead Science Teacher. Our science teachers are passionate about inspiring a love for science in our students through inquiry-based learning and hands-on science exploration. You will receive extensive professional development from experienced science teachers and talented school leaders. You will become a master across a variety of science fields, work in a joyful environment that sets high standards for children, and join a community of educators committed to transforming public education in New York City.
Key responsibilities include:
- Teaching small groups and leading whole-class science instruction using a rigorous, inquiry-based curriculum;
- Facilitating scholars’ increasing independence in developing their own scientific processes, from basic skills, to analyzing data, to fully internalizing the scientific method;
- Working collaboratively with Lead Science Teachers, benefiting from support and mentorship as you take on increasing responsibilities towards the Lead Science Teacher role;
- Engaging in training with school leaders to receive targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction;
- Driving academic outcomes by analyzing data, studying student work, and implementing high leverage instructional moves to ensure dramatic gains for all students; and
- Developing strong relationships with parents and students to create investment around school culture and academics.
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics. They:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree, with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership;
- Are a person of high moral character; and
- Are passionate about science and learning.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.