Associate, Science Safety, Labs, Procurement
- New York, NY
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
Reporting to the Program Manager for Content Design and working closely with the Leader of 5-12 Science Content Design and Development , the Science Safety, Labs, and Logistics / Science Associate will be a results-driven candidate looking to use strong organizational and project management skills and deep science safety knowledge to support our 5-12 Science Content Design and Development team in the area of Science Safety .
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensures instructional materials and Material Supply Lists adhere to and note the specific safety standards, and that the protocol is maintained;
- 100% of science safety risks are identified in the science curriculum.
- 100% of science materials that require precautions are identified in the unit Material Supply Lists.
- 100% of Unit by Unit MSLs and beginning of the year MSLs are up to date in accordance with the curriculum units.
Create and develop lab implementation guidance plans across the 5-12 science curriculum;
- To support curriculum content creation projects for courses in our 5-12 Science program;
- Ensure content is of high quality by working with schools and leaders, tracking science safety, and modifying content based on quantitative data and qualitative feedback;
- Manage curriculum production timelines and work with key stakeholders to ensure 100% of curriculum units are published on time;
- Manage assessment production and publication, ensuring that 100% of assessment logistics are met with high quality and accuracy for smooth administration at the school level.;
- Execute team processes and project guidelines, and communicate effectively with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated content knowledge expertise in a field of Science, lab experience preferred;
- Hold at least a bachelor's degree in an area of science;
- Talent in logistics and project management;
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent time management skills;
- Extremely strong writing and proofreading skills;
- Strong work ethic and ability to work flexibly;
- Comfort with ambiguity and enthusiasm for experimentation;
- Passion for education.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/ .
Back to top