As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life.
Success Academy was founded with the dual mission of building outstanding schools in New York City and advancing educational progress across the country. This fall, we achieved a milestone in pursuit of this dual mission, with the opening of our Robertson Center at Hudson Yards.
Through its extensive educator- and public-facing programming, the Robertson Center will serve as a powerful engine to make great schooling a reality for more and more children, nationwide, and even globally. Now, we need a results-driven Associate Program Director to join our founding team.
The Robertson Center brings together a state-of-the-art training facility with Success Academy’s first K-8 Lab School, providing a one-of-a-kind setting to innovate and reimagine pre-K-12 public education. Located in New York's Hudson Yards neighborhood, the Robertson Center serves as the main headquarters for the Success Academy Education Institute, which provides the comprehensive training and professional development that drives our excellence and sets SA apart.
As a physical space, the Center will mobilize educators and the broader education ecosystem to look for innovative solutions to deep-seated educational challenges — and through the Lab School, give them both real-time inspiration and practical demonstration of ways to reimagine public education. Through specialized programs sponsored by the Center, we will accelerate the vitally important work of sharing and operationalizing our tested approach to pre-K-12 education beyond the walls of our 40+ schools.
Reporting to the Executive Director of the Robertson Center, the Director will be responsible for piloting and operationalizing key programmatic streams for the Center, including:
- Robertson Fellows Program: Fellowship for high-potential current or aspiring assistant principals from across the country to be immersed in the SA model;
- Network/District Consultancies: Customized engagements for a select group of schools/systems looking for support in key aspects of school design;
- Robertson Residencies: Multi-week residency program to give school system leads the opportunity to closely observe, explore and apply our school management model; and
- A regular calendar of high-impact workshops and conferences to empower educators to advance their practice.
This will require:
- Working closely with our Academics team, School Management team, and Robertson Master Principals (individuals with deep experience in managing SA schools), to efficiently deploy internal expertise in support of the programs above;
- Developing goals and metrics for programs above, and designing robust implementation plans;
- Serving as a bridge between the direct educator-facing programs above and the Center’s broader efforts to advance a productive conversation on what’s possible in public education. This includes identifying opportunities to translate best practices and urgent questions to the broader ecosystem via the Center’s robust communications platforms (social, webinars, podcasts, etc.);
- Collaborating with Success Academy’s Education Institute team to identify and operationalize optimal conditions for adult learning;
- Developing strong internal relationships with school and network staff across multiple departments, as well as with external partners and participants in all programs;
- Creating a feedback and evaluation process to assess effectiveness of programs, with an eye toward refining and improving programs to make the Center a more effective engine for ensuring great outcomes for more students; and
- Becoming knowledgeable in all aspects of Success Academy school design and mission, as well as current legislative and non-legislative issues affecting Success Academy and the public education landscape.
Our ideal Program Director has 3 to 7 years of experience, which may span training and professional development, project management, program administration, consulting, or related roles. A commitment to improving public education and ensuring all students have access to a high quality school, a can-do attitude, high standard for excellence, sophisticated writing style, and good sense of humor are critical.
A successful candidate will also possess the following characteristics and experiences:
- Outstanding ability to forge and maintain relationships;
- Excellent strategic planning and project management skills;
- Highly organized with a proven ability to oversee multiple projects, ensuring deadlines are consistently met;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; and
- Excellent judgment, especially in difficult and fast-moving environments.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.