Associate - History Curriculum Writer
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 45 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need results-driven History Curriculum Writer to join our school community.
Reporting to the Associate Director of History , the History Curriculum Writer will be a results-driven leader looking to use strong organizational and project management skills and deep history content knowledge to support in writing our World History curriculum.
Key responsibilities include:
- To plan and write a rigorous and relevant curriculum as part of a multi-year World History program centered on a rich, inquiry-based pedagogy in both Middle School and High School settings.
- To create all necessary lesson materials, lesson plans, and curricula for units of our courses that are aligned to the internal vision for history at Success Academy as well as the external benchmark of the New York State Regents for Global History & Geography;
- To support curriculum content creation for other courses in our 5-12 History program, including American History, Government, Art History, and Economics.
- Demonstrated content knowledge expertise in world history;
- Knowledge of American history, government, art history, and/or economics a plus;
- Talent in logistics and project management;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Extremely strong writing and proofreading skills;
- Strong work ethic and ability to work flexibly;
- Passion for education.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/ .
Back to top