Associate Director of Writing
We are one of the nation’s top-performing and fastest-growing charter school networks, and we are fundamentally reshaping public education. To ensure long-lasting change and a school model that will prepare current and future generations of children from all backgrounds with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life, we have reconceived every aspect of school design, from elementary to high school. We now need a results-driven Associate Director of Writing to join our 5-12 Literacy Team.
The Associate Director of Writing must be an excellent writer, whose passion and command of language is exceedingly strong. We need a leader of Grades 5-8 writing, someone who wants to drive change and has the highest expectations for students. The Associate Director will be responsible for producing rich and complex writing tasks and will produce a scope and sequence for strong writing instruction, preparing our students for a collegiate level HS environment (where they take the AP Language and Composition and AP Literature exam).
Key responsibilities include:
- Producing engaging and rich writing tasks and assessment items;
- Creating resources that provide guidance on excellent writing instruction and feedback;
- Articulating how to effectively study writing and give writing feedback; and
- Managing curriculum and assessment projects across the team, including building out timelines and tracking project completion.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Knowledge of 5-8 literacy curriculum and writing instruction;
- Strength at working in a fast-paced, results-driven environment;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Skill in managing multiple projects and prioritizing effectively;
- A desire to consistently improve through regular feedback; and
- At least three years of ELA teaching experience at the middle or high school level.
To join our team, please send a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top