As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need a results-driven Associate Director of Sourcing & Logistics to join our Network Operations team.
Working within our central Network office, our Associate Director of Sourcing & Logistics will report directly to the Senior Director of Strategic Procurement and Supply Chain.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing written policies and procedures to improve efficiency in Supply Chain as it relates specifically to distribution and inventory management;
- Supporting the development and configuration efforts of our new ERP system (HRIS AX software) by owning all design and configuration of the inventory management module;
- Working in collaboration with the Director of Operations to ensure a successful roll out of this new ERP system as it relates to all modules supporting Supply Chain Management;
- Developing the optimum inventory levels at the schools and creating and establishing a customized distribution model inclusive of both centralized and decentralized procured product;
- Upgrading systems and practices to state-of-the-art;
- Continually driving down the cost of distributing and handling goods through process efficiency;
- Managing the movement of inventory between locations as well as the process of tracking and identifying merchandise throughout the entire network; and
- Managing the training and roll out of materials handling process.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, preferably an advanced business degree;
- 5-7 years of experience in supply chain management specifically in the areas of distribution and fulfillment;
- Relevant professional certifications, such as CIPS or CPSM, preferred but not required;
- Be able to demonstrate a track record of excellence;
- Is comfortable in a fast paced and entrepreneurial environment;
- Is a quick learner and a team player;
- Approaches challenges in creative ways and finds thoughtful solutions;
- Evaluates systems with an eye toward continuous improvement;
- Has the ability to effectively plan and manage inventory systems and processes;
- Has the ability to gear communications toward varied target audiences and employ negotiation skills as needed. Audiences include vendors, school-based staff and network staff;
- Ability and willingness to learn and support various systems; and
- Ability to self-manage and work independently.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.