Associate Director of Mathematics
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 45 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
To realize this vision, we are looking for a results-driven Associate Director of Mathematics to join our school community.
Reporting to the Director of Mathematics and Engineering at our High School of the Liberal Arts, the Associate Director of Mathematics will implement an exceptionally high-level and academically sophisticated approach to math across Grades 9-12. The Associate Director of Mathematics will have a major role in shaping the academic culture of the math department and thus candidates should have a deep understanding of math, as well as extensive experience teaching and leading adults.
In this role, you will:
- Manage a team of curriculum developers and assistant principals to develop a full task-based Mathematics curriculum for upper-level Pre-Calculus and Calculus courses;
- Uphold the department's vision of high quality math curriculum by ensuring that lessons focus on relevant problems across sectors including public policy, economics, engineering, and the sciences and units of study build procedural fluency of skills based on deep conceptual understanding of math ideas;
- Drive teacher excellence by training faculty to plan for and execute curriculum;
- Create a culture of scholarship and critical thinking that will prepare scholars to excel in college;
- Use student achievement data and student work to drive instructional decisions;
- Instruct teachers to build relationships with students and their families and hold these critical constituencies responsible for outstanding academic and cultural outcomes;
- Support the Director and curriculum writers with various ad-hoc projects and duties as needed; and
- Identify, prepare, and compile necessary materials to support the tasks of the Director.
We'd be excited to hear from you if:
- You possess a depth of knowledge in Mathematics (Bachelors in Math, Engineering, Computer Science, or Economics; graduate degree preferred);
- You demonstrate an ability to deliver rigorous, engaging instruction and record of success in exceptional student achievement;
- You are able to frame and clearly communicate a unifying vision for the math program;
- You foster productive team cultures and manage teams against rigorous outcomes;
- You are flexible, resourceful, and adapt to changing needs and demands, and willing to work longer hours as circumstances require;
- You have a high degree of judgment, tact, and professionalism, as well as a profound respect for the confidentiality of communications involving the organization; and
- You exhibit excellent organizational, problem-solving and data gathering skills and an ability to manage multiple shifting priorities.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/ .
Back to top