Associate Director of Mathematics
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. Specifically, we are focused on developing a new-generation STEM program that equips students with the confidence, exposure, and depth of technical expertise to pursue and be successful in post-secondary STEM. To realize this vision, we are looking for a results-driven Associate Director of Mathematics to join our school community.
Reporting to the Director of Mathematics and Engineering at our High School of the Liberal Arts, the Associate Director of Mathematics will implement an exceptionally high-level and academically sophisticated approach to math across Grades 9-12. The Associate Director of Mathematics will have a major role in shaping the academic culture of the math department and thus candidates should have a deep understanding of math, as well as extensive experience teaching and leading adults.
- Manage a team of curriculum developers and assistant principals to develop a full task-based Mathematics curriculum for upper-level Pre-Calculus and Calculus courses;
- Uphold the department’s vision of high quality math curriculum by ensuring that lessons focus on relevant problems across sectors including public policy, economics, engineering, and the sciences and units of study build procedural fluency of skills based on deep conceptual understanding of the math ideas;
- Drive teacher excellence by training faculty to plan for and execute curriculum;
- Create a culture of scholarship and critical thinking that will prepare scholars to excel in college;
- Use student achievement data and student work to drive instructional decisions;
- Instruct teachers to build relationships with students and their families and hold these critical constituencies responsible for outstanding academic and cultural outcomes;
- Support the Director and curriculum writers with various ad-hoc projects and duties as needed; and
- Identify, prepare, and compile necessary materials to support the tasks of the Director.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Depth of knowledge in Mathematics (Bachelors in Math, Engineering, Computer Science, or Economics; graduate degree preferred);
- Demonstrated ability to deliver rigorous, engaging instruction and record of success in exceptional student achievement;
- An ability to frame and clearly communicate a unifying vision for the math program;
- Ability to foster productive team cultures and manage teams against rigorous outcomes;
- Flexibility, resourcefulness, and adaptability to changing needs and demands, and willingness to work longer hours as circumstances require;
- High degree of judgment, tact, and professionalism, as well as a profound respect for the confidentiality of communications involving the organization; and
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and data gathering skills and ability to manage multiple shifting priorities.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Back to top