The mission of Success Academy is to reimagine public education. This means finding profoundly different approaches to how we structure, implement, and support schooling. To realize our radical vision, we reconceive every aspect of school design, from writing rigorous new curricula to drawing regularly on advances in technology, business, and social/civic practices.
Over the past decade, Success Academy has grown faster than any charter network in the nation, building a vibrant network of 46 elementary, middle, and high schools. Our nearly 15,500 scholars – mostly poor and minority – are outperforming students at top city and suburban schools across New York State. With our oldest scholars entering 12th grade, we are fast-approaching the irrefutable proof point that zip code does not have to determine destiny.
Success Academy’s Corporate & Foundation Partnerships department works to secure critically needed philanthropic resources to support the organization’s ambitious growth. This team develops and maintains strong relationships with institutional partners through meetings, events, school visits, and regular communications, including donor reports and funding proposals. To support our growing portfolio, we will hire a results-driven Associate Director of Corporate & Foundation Partnerships to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Corporate & Foundation Partnerships, the AD will play a pivotal role in helping to build and deepen partnerships and secure resources to support SA’s bold vision for the future.
Key responsibilities include:
- Write grant reports and proposals for institutional donors;
- Build strong relationships across internal departments to ensure that the Corporate & Foundation Partnerships team is abreast of all organizational activities;
- Draft program updates for donors as needed;
- Compile and analyze program and financial data;
- Proactively monitor and research new funding opportunities; and
- Assist with day-to-day programmatic needs: prepare briefing documents and other materials as needed for internal and external meetings; attend donor site visits; and help manage special events (e.g., annual donor breakfast, corporate volunteer opportunities, etc.).
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of direct grant reporting or development experience;
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced environment;
- Have exceptional attention to detail and strong written communication skills;
- Experience working with large data sets and/or reviewing financial statements preferred;
- Proactive, creative thinker that will look for ways to take their position and department to the next level;
- Mission-driven individual with a passion for educational access and equity;
- Able to work independently and in team settings, be flexible and resourceful and have excellent judgment in decision-making; and
- Be highly analytical.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.