Associate Director, Development Operations and Data Analytics
- New York, NY
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 45 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need a results-driven Associate Director to join our Advancement team.
The Associate Director role will set a high bar of excellence in overseeing and managing all aspects of Operations, Gift Accounting and Data Analytics related to fundraising within the Advancement Department at Success Academy - with the broad purpose of advancing the use of accurate, comprehensive data and to strategically raise philanthropic support and maintain flawless data integrity of the donors. The Operations and Data Analytics team is responsible for recording, analyzing, and reporting charitable contributions and donor information. She/he is responsible for implementing policies, procedures and best practices necessary to take this critical component to the next level of effectiveness; from training staff on utilizing Raiser's Edge (RE) database, to sharing information about philanthropy and donors with colleagues outside of Advancement as needed. The Associate Director manages one staff member and fosters productive working relationships with all staff within Advancement, Finance and across the SA Enterprise.
- Manage gift accounting for accurate entry of all charitable gifts and pledges into the Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT (RE) database. This includes checks, securities, gifts-in-kind, matching gift contributions, credit card imports, payroll deductions, foundation and CSP grants, online giving, Donor-Advised Funds and wired gifts (stocks and cash).
- Develop, create and maintain policies and procedures for data entry, audit and analysis to ensure optimal database organization and data hygiene.
- Ensure proper controls are in place for a seamless and flawless auditing process.
- Set annual goals and manage the performance and goals of the operations department and staff.
- Ensure gift records and tax receipts are compliant with FASB and IRS policies. This includes procedures to accurately enter, audit and report gifts, gift flow, and pledge expectancies.
- Oversee the accurate processing of constituent information into RE. This includes all information received by the donor, prospect manager, third-party data cleaning services, research services, and screening services.
- Evaluate and audit data input processes to ensure optimal database organization.
- Lead and confer with all members of the fundraising team on a regular basis to train, collaborate and lead report creation and data analytics that will advance the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of philanthropic gifts.
- Oversee creation of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to support fundraising staff, finance department and reports for the board of directors. This includes reports demonstrating progress toward the goal as well as forecasting philanthropic support in future years and reconciling with the finance department.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial and donor data reports including restricted gifts, general operating support gifts, gifts raised through events, email appeals, mailing lists, pledge payments and differentiating hard and soft credit.
- Continuously enhance and train on procedures for processing checks, credit cards and other gift types, including matching gifts. Oversee business analytics processes and reporting.
- Perform scheduled and ad hoc auditing of department processes, donation accuracy and donor information. This includes quarterly data cleansing services, reviewing inefficient processes and applying controls in place for a more streamlined audit.
- Analyze current and emerging trends in Advancement Services and provide strategic approaches to improve current and future advancement activities.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Four to seven years of fundraising data management and reporting, specifically experience working with Raiser's Edge.
- Deep knowledge of all legal accounting and auditing of fundraising requirements of donor data and related analytics.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Management of one or more direct reports.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Extreme attention to detail required. Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously, with high levels of independence and ownership.
- Provide excellent client service across the enterprise and with external donors.
- A high degree of adaptability and flexibility.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/ .
Back to top