We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need results-driven Assessment Associates to join our school communities.
The Assessment Associate plays a pivotal role in our high-performance, data-driven culture. Assessment Associates support in the oversight and management of assessment administration and data collection. They are responsible for executing projects and processes that allow for ethical administration of our full scope of internal and external assessments. Additionally, they execute processes to ensure all essential assessment data is entered with accuracy, and they supply meaningful analyses of student, grade, and school-level data to help support and guide strategic, data-driven decisions.
This role requires capacity to develop a holistic understanding of our school model, testing standards and ethics, and project/logistical planning and execution. This work helps to support and deliver critical student achievement data that helps our instructional team diagnose strengths and gaps in student achievement, support in the creation of educational plans, and help scholars and families get special education services.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Coordinate Assessment and Academic Logistics:
- Execute all assessment logistics (e.g.. materials, timing, space, etc.) to allow for seamless, error-free assessment administration;
- Understand the systems used to administer our full scope of online assessments, both in-person and remotely administered, and support faculty and instructional leaders with those systems;
- Prepare and distribute assessment materials;
- Understand security protocols & administration guidelines while administering all assessments with absolute integrity; and
- Execute processes to ensure accurate entry of assessment data in our Student Information System (SIS).
Maintain Data Systems:
- Understand the capabilities and reporting functions of our SIS and train others on how to utilize the system to its fullest potential;
- Ensure internal academic data in our SIS is entered accurately and on time;
- Maintain rostering data in internal and external data management systems to ensure accuracy/consistency of records at all times;.
- Provide reports and analyses that drive consistent growth in adult practice, student achievement, and parent investment; and
- Execute processes that foster a transparent and communicative culture within the school community around student performance/progress.
Successful candidates will possess the following skills and abilities:
- Process oriented and able to maintain strong systems;
- Exceedingly strong work ethic and grit;
- Able to perform complex, action driven data analysis and is skilled in MS Excel, and Google Workspace (Google Sheets, Google Docs, etc.)
- Possesses strong organizational skills and has a meticulous attention to detail;
- Able to think critically and creatively;
- Able to independently and successfully manage projects;
- Strong and timely communicator -- both oral and written;
- Able to build and maintain relationships with members of the school community (scholars, staff, leaders, parents, etc.); and
- Is a learner who is self-reflective, passionate, and committed to providing world-class schooling.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/ .