As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need results-driven Assessment Associates to join our elementary and middle school communities.
The Assessment Associate plays a pivotal role in our high-performance, data-driven culture. Reporting directly to the Assessment Specialist, our Assessment Associates support in the oversight and management of assessment administration and data collection. They are responsible for assisting the Specialists in ensuring our teaching faculty administers assessments appropriately, rigorously, and with the highest degree of integrity. Additionally, they enter essential assessment data with accuracy to help support and guide strategic, data-driven decisions.
This role requires capacity to develop a holistic understanding of our school model, testing standards and ethics, and project/logistical planning and execution. This work helps to support and deliver critical student achievement data that helps our instructional team diagnose strengths and gaps in student achievement, support in the creation of educational plans, and help scholars and families get special education services to ultimately drive change in educational practice.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Coordinating Assessment and Academic Logistics:
- Execute all assessment logistics (i.e. materials, timing, space, etc.) to allow for seamless, error-free assessment administration;
- Preparing and distributing assessment materials;
- Understand security protocols & administration guidelines while administering all assessments with absolute integrity; and
- Data entry in our Student Information System (SIS);Coordinating academic-oriented onboarding for new scholars.
Maintenance of Data Systems:
- Understanding the capabilities and reporting functions of our SIS and able to train others on how to utilize the system to its fullest potential;
- Ensuring internal academic data in our SIS is entered accurately and on time;
- Providing management with reports and analyses that drive consistent growth in adult practice, student achievement, and parent investment;
- Executing processes that foster a transparent and communicative culture within the school community around student performance/progress; and
- Maintaining data in internal and external data management systems to ensure accuracy/consistency of records.
Successful candidates will possess the following skills and abilities:
- Process oriented and able to maintain strong systems to ensure efficient testing administration;
- Champions the highest ethical standards;
- Exceedingly strong work ethic and grit;
- Able to perform complex, action driven data analysis and is skilled with MS Excel, and Google suite of products (GoogleSheets, GoogleDocs, etc.)
- Possesses strong organizational skills and has a meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to think critically and creatively;
- Strong project management skills;
- Strong and timely communicator -- both oral and written;
- Able to build and maintain relationships with members of the school community (scholars, staff, leaders, parents, etc.);
- Is a learner who is self-reflective, passionate, and committed to providing world-class schooling; and
- Knowledge and experience working with DOE or BOE electronic systems preferred
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.