As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need a results-driven, experienced Art Teacher to join our school community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Build a classroom culture in which students love art;
- Engage students in the creative process and foster their talents, while deepening their knowledge and understanding of art, design, and art history;
- Collaborate with Art Teachers across the network to build a premier art program, while cultivating a school environment that prioritizes aesthetics and makes learning visible to the community;
- Build a culture of self-expression, and utilize discourse and critique to press scholars’ critical thinking about art; and
- Engage in training with school leaders to benefit from targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction, accelerating learning and growth with unparalleled support.
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics. They:
- Have prior experience in establishing creative environments in which art is explored, discovered, and observed both in and out of the classroom;
-Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Art or Art Education, with an excellent record of academic achievement and leadership; and
- Are passionate about art and learning.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/.
Back to top