As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy (SA) has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need an experienced Advocacy Manager to join our dynamic Public Affairs team.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Advocacy, the Advocacy Manager will support the Advocacy team in strengthening training and school support to ensure successful execution of trainings and elected engagements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create school and parent training scope and sequence, materials and implementation;
- Support building and maintaining the school facing portal and support school based advocacy communication;
- Manage all Advocacy school (e.g. SMO, Ops) and advocacy reporting (e.g grants, weekly reports) across SA schools;
- Collaborate with the team to build and maintain various databases to ensure a data driven, scalable Advocacy program;
- Support Advocacy events (such as rallies and press conferences) from idea to execution, whether it is a large grassroots event, a small community event, press conference or a high-level professional symposium;
- Work with Advocacy to create and oversee comprehensive project plans across Success Academy’s 46 schools, ensuring schools have all the necessary resources, support, and guidance to meet goals and have a rewarding event experience;
- Collaborate with our education reform partners, building relationships and supporting coordinated efforts, including large-scale advocacy events (rallies, marches), small-scale advocacy and outreach events (school fairs, hearings, press conferences), and professional events (best practice sharing symposiums and trainings); and
- Act as a strategic thought-partner and leader within the larger Advocacy team by developing ideas that will help advance the education reform needle and assist our team in meeting advocacy goals.
A successful applicant will have at least 3+ years of experience in positions that involve parent and community engagement or advocacy efforts that have produced meaningful change, as well as the following experiences and characteristics:
- Experience in a fast paced environment, with experience delegating assignments and motivating team through collaboration and communication;
- General knowledge of the political landscape surrounding charter schools in New York State and New York City;
- An exceptionally hard worker and person of high moral character that can successfully manage a team of like-minded individuals;
- An ability to work well under pressure and prioritize projects while keeping track of multiple deadlines and keeping sense of humor;
- Extraordinary attention to detail, yet works efficiently;
- Ability to skillfully manage an extensive team, ensuring all team members are informed, prepared, and kept on track to ensure successful execution of the project plan. Project Management experience a plus;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment while maintaining a calm, positive, and professional demeanor;
- Ability to collaborate with teammates in a professional and solutions oriented manner;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate advocacy needs to families and staff; and
- A nimble problem solver and skilled project manager, able to deliver first-rate results.
The ideal candidate will also hold an advanced degree in public policy, communications, or a related field. The candidate must be highly organized, and must be a team player who is also able to work independently and drive projects forward. The candidate must be comfortable handling a wide variety of tasks simultaneously, from menial administrative tasks to large-scale substantive projects.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.