The mission of Success Academy is to reimagine public education. This means finding profoundly different approaches to how we structure, implement, and support schooling. To realize our radical vision, we reconceive every aspect of school design, from writing rigorous new curricula to drawing regularly on advances in technology, business, and social/civic practices.
Over the past decade, Success Academy has grown faster than any charter network in the nation, building a vibrant network of 46 elementary, middle, and high schools. Our nearly 15,500 scholars – mostly poor and minority – are outperforming students at top city and suburban schools across New York State. With our oldest scholars entering 12th grade, we are fast-approaching the irrefutable proof point that zip code does not have to determine destiny.
The department of Advancement consists of several teams that are critical to fulfilling the Success Academy mission. This department leads our effort to secure critical resources, broaden our community of support, manage all activities pertaining to our boards of directors, and strengthen our outreach to all constituencies.
The Advancement Coordinator will report directly to the Managing Director of Board Relations and Strategic Planning. S/he will have experience managing a wide range of administrative projects while achieving high levels of efficiency and accuracy and assist on long and short-term projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Can effectively manage the demanding schedule of a MD on a daily basis, proactively ensuring she is prepared with the required resources to function as efficiently as possible;
- Exude a polished, professional and customer service oriented demeanor at all times with internal staff and external stakeholders;
- Thrive in a fast paced, ever changing environment with precision and accuracy, while coordinating all logistics and materials needed for board meetings throughout the year;
- Facilitate and develop detailed briefings for school tours, and off site meetings, to ensure management is fully prepared and armed for success;
- Proactively think through challenges and provide new solutions to support MD;
- Manage MD’s prospect communications in Raiser’s Edge fundraising database; and
- Maintain extraordinary attention to detail and effective organizational systems to ensure strong project management, and seamless communication between teams.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Flexible and easily redirected while maintaining highest quality standards;
- Problem-solver; able to grasp problems and think through solutions and contribute new ideas;
- Ambitious; and experienced in pursuit of goals;
- Demonstrated basic understanding of fundraising and customer service;
- High level of organization, time management, and attention to detail;
- Proficient in use of technology; powerpoint, word, excel, etc.;
- Poised, skilled at diplomacy, and discretion; and
- Mission-driven individual with a commitment to educational access and equity for all children.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.