[2021-2022] Elementary, Middle and High School Teachers - All Subjects
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
Please note that all applications for this job posting will be considered for a July 8, 2021 start date.
About Success Academy Charter Schools
Success Academy is a high-achieving, leading-edge network of 47 K-12 public charter schools serving over 20,000 scholars throughout New York City. We are redefining what's possible in public education.
Success Academy welcomes candidates from all backgrounds who understand that the work we do is important, and are looking for a career where they can swiftly build a professional skill set while being challenged, supported, and valued..
As leaders and architects of their classrooms, our teachers rapidly develop mastery through abundant training, coaching, and professional development. In partnership and collaboration with a close-knit team, they deliver life-changing opportunities for our scholars. New teachers join Success by first participating in an immersive summer training experience, and once in the classroom, receive ongoing support and mentorship from expert teachers and school leaders.
In this role, you will:
- Share your passion for science, math, literature, and/or history with your scholars and independently seek to deepen your knowledge of the subject/s you teach;
- Develop meaningful relationships with students and families that inspire a love learning and lead to exceptional academic gains;
- Intellectually engage students using an inquiry-based, rigorous curriculum that inspires curiosity, reinforces the joy of learning, and enables all students to thrive;
- Have intellectual curiosity that motivates you to master new skills and to embrace the opportunity for continual growth and improvement through regular feedback and coaching that helps you achieve your goals.
- Receive mentorship and professional development from school leadership that allows you to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to become an excellent teacher.
- Be a problem solver; You are not frustrated by setbacks - you see them as an opportunity for growth.
- Use scholar work and assessment data to inform instruction and targeted intervention that drives student achievement; and
- Join a driven team of aligned educator-advocates who are committed to education reform, parent choice, and the building of exemplary schools;
- Have or will receive a Bachelor's degree by Spring 2021;
- Achieved outstanding academic results;
- Set ambitious goals for yourself and others, and are not afraid of putting in the hard work it takes to achieve them;
- Have confidence and presence -- You enjoy taking the lead and inspiring others with your passion and commitment;
- Enjoy collaborating with others (i.e., playing on an athletics team, or in a band or orchestra);
- Have leadership experience (i.e. leadership position on a club or team; experience overseeing/managing people or organizing activities);
- Pay strong attention to detail, and have experience juggling multiple responsibilities and planning around competing priorities;
- Have experience working with a group of children
- Embody the character traits we value in our ETHOS - Excellence, Teamwork, Humor, Ownership, and making sure our Scholars are top of mind
Back to top