[2021-2022] Elementary, Middle and High School Teachers - All Subjects
- New York, NY
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
Please note that all applications for this job posting will be considered for a July, 2021 start date.
Success Academy is a fast-paced, leading-edge organization where remarkable people are working boldly and urgently to overturn the vast educational inequities that block opportunity for too many children. A network of 47 public charter schools serving 20,000 K-12 students in some of New York City's most underserved neighborhoods, we are the state's fastest-growing, highest performing public school system and are nationally recognized for our groundbreaking, whole-child school model. As innovators and thought leaders, we share our curriculum and model with educators across the country and advocate to change public policies that prevent children and families from having access to great public schools.
Success Academy welcomes teaching candidates from all backgrounds who want to have a big social impact while being challenged, supported, and valued. Our teachers swiftly grow their skills through abundant training, coaching, and professional development and work with a close-knit, collaborative team to deliver life-changing opportunities for kids. They participate in an immersive summer training experience and once in the classroom, receive ongoing support from expert teachers and school leaders. We are committed to giving our educators everything they need to thrive in their roles and grow professionally.
In this role, you will:
- Create an inviting, effective, and growth-oriented learning environment;
- Engage students using an inquiry-based, rigorous curriculum that inspires intellectual curiosity, reinforces the joy of learning, and enables all students to thrive;
- Develop meaningful relationships with students and parents that inspire kids to love learning and make exceptional academic gains;
- Use assessment data to inform instruction and targeted intervention that drives student achievement;
- Engage in professional development opportunities with school leaders to benefit from targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction; and
- Join a highly motivated team of educator-advocates who are committed to education reform, parent choice, and the building of exemplary schools.
- DRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE. You set ambitious goals for yourself and have never been afraid of putting in the hard work it takes to achieve them;
- CONFIDENCE AND PRESENCE. You enjoy taking the lead and inspiring others with your passion and commitment;
- PASSION FOR CONTENT. You relish literature, science, history, and/or math and independently seek to deepen your knowledge of subjects that interest you;
- PLANNING AND ORGANIZATION SKILLS. You have experience juggling multiple responsibilities and are able to plan around competing priorities;
- EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE. You have strong instincts for building trusting relationships with people from a wide range of backgrounds;
- LEARNER. You are intellectually curious and are motivated to master new skills. You welcome feedback and coaching that will help you achieve your goals; and
- GRIT AND DETERMINATION. You are not frustrated by setbacks - you see them as an opportunity for growth.
- Have a Bachelor's degree;
- Have leadership experience (i.e., leadership position on a club or team; experience overseeing/managing people);
- Have experience working with kids (i.e., camp counselor; after-school program coordinator; tutor); and
- Have a rigorous and relevant academic major.
Back to top