[2020-2021] Elementary, Middle and High School Teachers - All Subjects
- New York, NY
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 45 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
Please note that all applications to this posting will be considered for our October 5th start date.
Success Academy welcomes teaching candidates from all backgrounds who want to have a big social impact while being challenged, supported, and valued. Our teachers swiftly grow their skills through abundant training, coaching, and professional development and work with a close-knit, collaborative team to deliver life-changing opportunities for kids. They participate in an immersive summer training experience and once in the classroom, receive ongoing support from expert teachers and school leaders. We are committed to giving our educators everything they need to thrive in their roles and grow professionally.
In this role, you will:
- Create an inviting, effective, and growth-oriented learning environment;
- Engage students using an inquiry-based, rigorous curriculum that inspires intellectual curiosity, reinforces the joy of learning, and enables all students to thrive;
- Develop meaningful relationships with students and parents that inspire kids to love learning and make exceptional academic gains;
- Use assessment data to inform instruction and targeted intervention that drives student achievement;
- Engage in professional development opportunities with school leaders to benefit from targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction; and
- Join a highly motivated team of educator-advocates who are committed to education reform, parent choice, and the building of exemplary schools.
Qualities we seek:
- DRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE. You set ambitious goals for yourself and have never been afraid of putting in the hard work it takes to achieve them;
- CONFIDENCE AND PRESENCE. You enjoy taking the lead and inspiring others with your passion and commitment;
- PASSION FOR CONTENT. You relish literature, science, history, and/or math and independently seek to deepen your knowledge of subjects that interest you;
- PLANNING AND ORGANIZATION SKILLS. You have experience juggling multiple responsibilities and are able to plan around competing priorities;
- EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE. You have strong instincts for building trusting relationships with people from a wide range of backgrounds;
- LEARNER. You are intellectually curious and are motivated to master new skills. You welcome feedback and coaching that will help you achieve your goals; and
- GRIT AND DETERMINATION. You are not frustrated by setbacks - you see them as an opportunity for growth.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have a Bachelor's degree;
- Have leadership experience (i.e., leadership position on a club or team; experience overseeing/managing people);
- Have experience working with kids (i.e., camp counselor; after-school program coordinator; tutor); and
- Have a rigorous and relevant academic major.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/ .
Back to top