Zone Retailer Marketing Manager - SFO Zone
- Pleasanton, CA
General Responsibilities :
The position is responsible for increasing awareness of the Subaru product and the Subaru retailer within a specific market by assisting retailers on becoming more effective marketers and aligning with SOA. This position is also responsible for elevating the marketing efforts of current and future Subaru retailers.
This position supplements the functions of zone and regional staff managers. The position reports to the Zone Director and would be expected to consistently interact and coordinate all issues with the Regional Marketing Manager, as well as those responsible regional and zone staff managers and district managers.
- Champion Zone and Retailer Love Promise initiatives.
- Coordinate and manage in-market events to support vehicle launches, Love Promise activations, and other Marketing-related events.
- Provide consistent communication to retailer body on SOA and Regional Marketing Initiatives to ensure synergy between advertising messages and marketing programs.
- Work with retailers to make optimal use of the Subaru Ad Fund. Ensure maximum share of voice in the market. Increase demand for the Subaru brand by creating and implementing comprehensive SAF digital/traditional marketing plans for assigned retailers.
- Focusing on "continuous improvement, the individual's role is to help retailers drive demand for the Subaru brand; using both traditional and digital marketing.
- Evaluate retailer websites, ensure a solid search strategy is in place (supplemented with paid search), and communicate the importance of video and how to effectively manage a retailer's online reputation.
- Work with retailers and Shift Digital to establish processes that will significantly improve lead closing ratios.
- Coordinate efforts of Dealer.com, Shift Digital and Carmichael Lynch in supporting the retailer's marketing and lead handling efforts.
- Communicate national and regional incentive programs and sales challenges to retailers and district managers.
- Identify, develop, and implement appropriate zone-level marketing activities that are consistent with overall SOA and Regional direction.
- (65% travel)
Education/Experience : BA/BS in Business Management, Marketing, Sales or Finance. 6-8 years of automotive experience.
- Clearly understands traditional and digital marketing concepts and initiatives. Able to influence and improve retailer activities in in these areas.
- Well-rounded automotive professional, able to 'wear many hats' in the Zone office.
- Exceptional Communication skills; articulate, can 'think on your feet', expertly present to an audience in person and on paper, effectively listens and recognizes the value of others perception. Initiates open dialogue and candid discussions
- Strong interpersonal and leaderships skills; respectful, positive and professional demeanor, team player, excellent negotiator and mediator, initiates the exchange of ideas.
- Outstanding Customer Focus Skills; customer first, ethical, positive/productive relationships
- Excellent organization and time management skills, highly successful at handling multiple priorities
- Displays strong Passion and Drive: energetic, projects a strong positive presence; committed to the job, motivates, inspires and empowers others; cooperative and reliable
Must possess a valid driver's license and maintain a driving record that is acceptable or probationary under the SOA Driving Record Evaluation Criteria Policy. Must be approved as an "Authorized Driver" by Risk Mgmt. to operate company vehicle prior to vehicle operation.
Back to top