Zone Operations Specialist
This position supports key functions at our Portland Zone Office in Portland, OR.
The Zone Operations Specialist provides wide-ranging support to all zone Sales, Marketing, and Parts/Service personnel. This person is an important channel of information between dealers, the zone, and the regional office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
â€<• Provides administrative support to zone including arranging meetings and events (such as Monthly Zone Manager Meetings, Grassroots Meetings, 1 on 1 Retailer Meetings, All Retailer Conference Calls and Sales and Product Training Events), meeting with visitors and coordinating itineraries for all managers within zone office, contacting vendors, managing zone office facility, supplies and computer equipment, composing spreadsheets and reports, documents or PowerPoint presentations for others; compiles and distributes weekend traffic report; compiles and distributes monthly estimates; and month end reporting. Tracks, updates, and maintains general and administrative (G&A) budget.
• Participates in a variety of regional/retailer marketing events. Acts as liaison between Subaru and the customer for basic Subaru information and "giveaway" items. Warehouse and maintains inventory of marketing assets (displays, opt-in cards, brochures, and promo items) at the zone office and off-site vendor.
• Assists Zone Retailer Development Manager with preparation and processing of retailer development activities and documentation, such as Proforma financial statements, prospecting letters, prospecting market data, and follow-up communications. Prepares and distributes reports, update binders and contact materials. Coordinates retailer franchise agreements and renewals, ownership change, relocation, buy/sell and officer changes, and compliance of minimum facility standards. Tracks Signature Facility Program Financial Agreement and FOX Agreement activities and process payments accordingly.
• Assists Zone Retailer Marketing Manager in preparation of marketing activities for both Sales and Parts/Service; program/event enrollment tracking, promotions/incentive programs, retailer Subaru Advertising Fund (SAF) reports, Flash reports, opt-in data, marketing presentations, District Sales Managers/District Parts/Service Managers and retailer marketing communications, event and meeting coordination. Tracks, updates, and maintains market and advertising budgets.
• Maintains and monitors all pool and marketing vehicle activity, documentation, and servicing with local zone retailer. Coordinates potential drivers (vendors, product specialists, etc.) of Subaru vehicles have completed the Driver's Agreement and ensures they have been approved by Risk Management. Tracks and maintains license plate inventory, registration, and insurance cards.
• Assists Zone Retailer Training Managers with Zone initiated training activities. Participates in SOA sponsored training activities to enhance knowledge of Subaru programs and product. Assists in workshops (i.e., share Subaru knowledge with Sales Consultants / Service Advisors at Training Workshops). Maintains tracking sheet with progress of in-staff employee training status and any "ad hoc" CSI/Summit/Ascent related reporting and analysis.
• Schedules and prepares activities and documents surrounding New Retailer Launches. Work with Zone Retailer Training Managers and District Managers to ensure the retailer and retailer personnel are available one week for this training.
• Subaru Foundation Certified (Sales and Service).
• Business Intelligence (BI)/Foundations/Ascent Proficient.
• Maintains relationship with local facilities staff.
Education/Experience: A 4-year college degree and at least 4-6 years of experience in sales, marketing, or dealer operations is preferred.
• Intermediate to advanced in Microsoft Office Suite (in particular, Word and Excel and some Access); intermediate level knowledge of Subaru computer systems.
• Strong organizational skills with a fine attention to details.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Professionalism and knowledge of Subaru products a must.
• Analytical skills with working with spreadsheets, databases, and reports.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work independently; working knowledge of retailer capital and facility guidelines.
• Must possess a valid driver's license and maintain a driving record that satisfied the requirements of SOA Driving Record Evaluation Criteria Policy. Must be approved as an "Authorized Driver" by Risk Management to operate vehicles prior to vehicle operation.
- Please note that this is a developmental role. Future relocation for career progression is essential.
• Must be able to drive a manual transmission vehicle • Must be able to lift 45-50 lbs • Ability to travel up to 35 % of time for weekend events.(Retailer and Marketing related events).
Back to top