Vehicle Compliance Manager
Organization: North American Subaru Inc. - Government Relations
Location: Camden, NJ
Summary: Oversees compliance activities in the USA to allow unimpeded sale of Subaru vehicles in the USA. To regularly communicate with certain government Agencies (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and National Transportation Safety Board) and non-governmental organizations (e.g., Industry Technical Working Groups, Trader Organization Monitoring) regarding vehicle compliance issues.
- Acts as the communication & interpretation "window" for governmental certification communications.
- Submits required monthly, quarterly and annual reports to NHTSA by required due dates.
- Coordinates SBR/SOA information into Subaru responses to government safety inquiries and makes Subaru's case to NHTSA to prevent further consequences.
- Meets periodically with SBR Engineering and Certification Groups to explain compliance requirements and timing.
- Keeps SBR, NASI, and SOA management apprised of new compliance issues and industry trends, especially via participation in Global Automakers.
- Assists SBR Engineering with trial, compliance, IIHS crash testing.
- Attends compliance related meetings to obtain latest industry information. Participates in joint industry/government activities.
- Responds to Customer Retailer Services questions relating to compliance issues.
- Investigates governmental compliance concerns/inquiries with SBR and SOA, draft response documents, presenting Subaru's case/comments to government, and expedites the resolution of pending governmental action.
- Good management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks
- Engineering background
- Travel up to 40% of time
Experience/Education: BA/BS(4 year degree) + 6-8 years of related experience, Engineering background preferred
Back to top