Telematics Quality Assurance Manager
Summary: Responsible for managing field facing quality assurance activities related to STARLINK Telematics connected vehicle technologies. These are the technologies that a consumer physically and experientially interfaces with as part of the STARLINK Connected Vehicle Program.
- Monitors Telematics produced Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) and Warning Indicators to identify trends in the field affecting Subaru Customers and Retailers
- Guides Techline and FSEs to initiate field investigations of these trends and provide escalated results to NASI and SBR QA as flag up to reduce customer exposure
- Monitors Telematics produced DTC recurrence as part of "virtual" 2/10 Case Management/ Lemon Law Reduction/ Customer Retention activity and provides notification and guidance to Techline and FSEs for follow up activity
- Provides in-depth and expert support to SOA Techline and FSEs for escalated STARLINK Telematics related diagnostic concerns
- Provides support to Accident Investigations QA Mgr. for STARLINK Telematics related customer inquiries with defect allegations where there are accidents, injuries, or deaths. Actively participates in Quick Reaction Activities (QRA) when needed.
- Works in partnership with the Consumer Technolgies QA Mgr. where STARLINK Connected Vehicle Technologies and STARLINK Infotainment Technologies cross paths to share information and ensure quality solution from both perspectives.
- Provides technical support to CRS as STARLINK Telematics expert to assist with resolution of customer contacts
- Participates in triage of Gen1 and Gen 2 STARLINK Telematics functionality concerns in conjunction with NASI, IT and SOA Product Management
- Coordinates with SOA Product Management to provide insights and feedback from Service Technical perspective on future STARLINK Telematics development
Additional Responsibilities: Provide or coordinate training and advanced diagnostics assistance for use by call center and field personnel assisting retailers with repair support for these systems.
- Analyzes and interprets large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data to assemble a clear picture of consumer concerns.
- Clearly and concisely communicates complex analysis and recommendations to a diverse variety of audiences.
- Anticipates questions and is able to proactively address issues.
- Builds consensus among many groups within an organization.
- Must have strong project management and negotiation skills.
- Vehicle technical knowledge and skills with Subaru experience a plus
- ASE Master Technician Certification or must be willing to obtain
- Background and/or degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications (wireless focus) Engineering, or Cellular/ RF Engineering preferred.
- Prior Telematics or Cellular Network/ Cellular Carrier related experience is highly desirable
- Travel up to 25 % of time
Education/Experience: BA/BS + 4-6 years of related experience
Back to top