- Camden, NJ
Diagnoses and repairs Subaru vehicles, using state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment and in-depth technical training. Maintains proficiency by attending all technical training courses offered by SOA. Obtains and maintains Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Master Certifications. Prepares new vehicles for delivery; prepares used vehicles for sale. Performs special projects for Fuji Heavy Industries USA (FUSA) and other SOA Departments.
- Diagnoses and repairs Subaru vehicles.
- Remains current with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Performs pre-delivery inspection (PDI) on test vehicles, employee owned, and press fleet vehicles. Prepares used vehicles for sale.
- Provides technical reports to manager and technical services section.
- Participates in special projects, such as port rectifications, flat rate time studies, accessory prototype installation, press introductions, service bulletin development, etc.
- Maintains equipment and working area in proper order. Orders shop supplies, as needed.
- Background as a retailer technician (Subaru experience preferred).
- ASE certifications (engine, transmission, electrical, etc.).
- Strong diagnostic skills.
- Writing skills to complete technical reports.
- Verbal communication skills (to break down technical information into layman terminology.
- Must possess a clean driving record, and ability to be cleared by SOA Risk Management. Ability to drive manual/automatic cars to diagnose issues.
AA/AS (2 year degree preferred) + 6-8 years of related experience.
Back to top