- Camden, NJ
This role manages the overall on-premises and cloud Linux / Unix systems and related storage systems for the organization. The System Administrator will proactively work with the Infrastructure team, IT application teams, and the business to deliver highly effective projects and support model for system administration practice.
- Communicates with managerial, administrative and technical staff to determine information needs, data flows and systems definitions.
- Executes information systems projects, including leading projects, risk management, testing, documentation and training.
- Develops tactical and strategic plans, standards, guidelines and policies for the server resources based on growth, trends, available metrics, etc.
- Coordinates IT changes and follows formal change control process in order to eliminate customer impact and to ensure that availability Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met.
- Manages the distribution and retention of data on servers.
- Installs, configures, and maintains server environment in support of business processing requirements.
- Performs software installations, patching, upgrades to server operating systems and layered software packages and maintains them in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements.
- Develops tactical and strategic plans, standards, guidelines and policies for the system resources based on growth, trends, available metrics, etc.
- Ensures infrastructure integrity by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Conducts routine hardware and software audits of infrastructure for compliance with established standards, policies, procedures and configuration guidelines.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Oversees day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client
- Provides day-to-day advice to users on data structures and terminology.
- Provides guidance on IT security and makes recommendations to improve and tighten security controls.
- Support cloud architecture (IaaS/PaaS) and ensure processes and procedures are in line with on-prem systems.
- Assists with testing new equipment and systems.
- Prepares technical reports on the operation of systems.
- Coordinates the work of support staff and Help Desk.
- Provides training in systems use and access.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related is preferred.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently and take initiative to find solutions for business requirements.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Ability to quickly understand technology issues and help develop solutions that positively impact overall performance and user community understanding.
- Willing to maintain and update own knowledge of IT content.
- Able to direct and oversee the project work of others.
- System Administration experience of Linux (OEL/RedHat/RHEL) with at least 4 years of experience. Additional Oracle Sparc Unix experience desired.
- Experience with ESX, Virtual Center and Oracle VM x86
- Experience with Storage Systems (Hitachi preferred) and NAS appliances
- Experience with Storage Area Networks (Brocade)
- Experience with Veritas NetBackup including policies, backups and restores
- Experience with shell scripting
- Familiar with security practices, system hardening, maintenance and monitoring
- Datacenter / infrastructure experience and familiar with server and network switch architecture
- Vendor management including ticketing, tracking, and Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Oracle Cloud experience (concepts, design, implementation, administration) or similar
Back to top