Sr. Software Engineer - WMS
Design, develop and provide ongoing support for systems such as Parts Warehouse Distribution system, Parts Transportation Management system, Parts Supply/Chain Demand Planning System, and the integration between the Parts Warehouse Distribution system and Oracle ERP applications. Work closely with functional users to develop business solutions. Act as team expert for system upgrades and implementing new technologies. The analyst must be flexible to work on a rotation schedule for night call support to resolve application or systems issues. At times, may be asked to work nights and weekends to support system upgrades or enhancements. Limited travel may be required to support system upgrades or when additional training is required.
- Working with functional users to develop current and future business process designs. Support the development of functional requirements.
- Generate technical designs and interface documents. Develop and test software components.
- Working with other IT teams, vendors and consultants, ensure project goals and milestones are achieved. Maintain a positive and productive work environment among the team.
- Provide day to day production support and off hours support as required.
- Ensure system implementations meet high quality standards and outstanding issues are prioritized and resolved.
- As a technical expert mentor other team members in best practices for system development. Follow the SOA PMO process to plan and complete work activities.
- Prepare timely Status Reports. Effectively present technical concepts and issues to both technical and functional team members.
- Research and evaluate new technologies and upgrades of current systems to support the planning and implementation of these projects.
BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related degree, 6 to 7 years of experience in a software development position. Knowledge of the Red Prairie Warehouse Management System /a similar Warehouse Management System with 3 to 4 years of experience.
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems, preferably, RedPrairie (now JDA).
- 6 to 7 years of experience in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC); including requirements definition, technical designs, coding, testing and implementation.
- Expert knowledge of PL/SQL.
- Additional background with Unix, Linux, Windows environments.
- Experience with configuring scanners used at warehouses.
- Supply Chain Planning /Distribution background is required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to communicate complex ideas to others.
- Demonstrates accountability for meeting milestones and delivery of a quality product.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated to continue learning new technologies or expanding knowledge of current skills.
Back to top