Sr. Network Administrator
The Senior Network Administrator is responsible for all troubleshooting and maintenance of existing network infrastructure. Not limited to but includes DMZ, WAN, SD-WAN, LAN, WLAN, VoIP and VPN communications. This position is also responsible for recommending and designing network infrastructure to support over 30 remote sites throughout the United States utilizing Cisco switches /routers /firewalls including new corporate headquarters and expanding regional distribution centers. Sr. Network Administrators also provides direction to the other Network Administrators on the team. As a Senior Network Administrator, he or she makes decisions and acts to help ensure clear communications and stability of corporate network while being able to scale the environment in for future growth.
- Communicates with managerial, administrative and technical staff to determine information needs, data flows and systems definitions.
- Project execution including leading projects, , risk management. quality testing, documentation and training.
- Develops tactical and strategic plans, standards, guidelines and policies for the network resources based on growth, trends, available metrics, etc.
- Coordinates change planning and formal change control process to systems to eliminate customer impact and to ensure that availability SLA's are met.
- Meet with application teams to complete formal infrastructure review as well as assist them with build out of the application architecture.
- Coordinates protocols for operation within multi-user IT networks that provide voice, data and text transmission.
- Manages the distribution and retention of data on various network devices.
- Ensuring security is at the forefront of decision making while partnering with the security operations team.
- Occasionally lifts and moves computing equipment up to 50 lbs. Need to at times to climb ladders. Also, may need to be on a scaffolding or hydraulic lift to support warehouse network equipment.
- Limited travel.
BA/BS in Business Administration or similar degree; and 6 to 8 years of related experience.
- Extensive experience in the following technologies: SD-WAN, MPLS, BGP. EIGRP, QOS, Cisco Switching, Cisco Routing, Firewalls, Cisco ISE, Cisco Unified Communications, IPSEC VPN Tunnels including Meraki, Wireless Technology following 802.11 standards (including 802.1r and controller based experience) and F5 Load Balancers.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently and take initiative to find solutions for business requirements.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Ability to quickly understand technology issues and help develop solutions that positively impact overall performance and user community understanding.
- Willing to maintain and update own knowledge of IT content.
- Able to direct and oversee the work of others.
Certifications: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
Back to top