Software Engineer - Oracle E-Business Suite
The Programmer Analyst works within accepted IT guidelines and with members of the Business Community to develop solutions to strategic initiatives and challenges. Additionally, Programmer Analyst is responsible for executing critical projects and system enhancements with the guidance of the IT Leads and the IT Manager. The Programmer Analyst will also be responsible for day to day IT support of the Supply chain systems. All solutions are targeted at leveraging the Subaru of America investment in our Oracle EBS platform.
Ideal candidates will have a good mix of functional and technical skill sets with the ability to work through the entire system development lifecycle (SDLC). Analyze current business process and define future business processes. Create key documentation for each phase of SDLC including business requirements, functional specifications, technical specifications, and testing documents. Must have the ability to work closely with the business to define requirements and propose solutions. Work closely with the ERP team to gain and transfer knowledge. This is a multi-faceted role working as a business analyst, developer, tester, and production support analyst as well as working on multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Work closely with the business to develop business solutions.
- Create system related documentation for each phase of SDLC.
- Develop and test software components as part of Projects and Enhancements.
- Work with other IT teams, vendors and consultants to ensure project goals and milestones are achieved.
- Maintain a positive and productive work environment among the team.
- Provide day to day production support and off hours support as required.
- Ensure system implementations meet high quality standards and outstanding issues are prioritized and resolved.
- Follow the SOA PMO process to plan and complete work activities.
- Effectively present technical concepts and issues to both technical and functional team members.
- Create functional and technical specifications and work with offshore team to complete development and QA cycle.
This position's title (Engineer/Senior/Lead) will vary based upon candidate's ability and experience. We offer a variety of benefits, including relocation assistance.
BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related degree, 2+ years of experience in a software development position. Candidate should have 2+ years of IT experience in a supply chain environment. Experience in Discrete Manufacturing, Sales and Distribution is desired.
- Experience in a software development position including all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC); including requirements definition, technical designs, coding, testing and implementation.
- Strong background with Oracle database technology using SQL, PL/SQL.
- Additional background with either of the following is a nice to have: Unix, XML, Java, Oracle Forms, OAF, ADF, Reports, BI Publisher.
- Supply Chain Planning experience is helpful.
- Optional experience with Vehicle parts distribution and Service is also a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to communicate complex ideas to others.
- Demonstrates accountability for meeting milestones and delivery of a quality product.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated to continue learning new technologies or expanding knowledge of current skills.
- Experience working in an ERP environment using a package product such as Oracle ERP, SAP, Manhattan, JDA is a huge plus.
Back to top