Software Engineer - Middleware (Telematics)
We are currently seeking qualified Sr. Software Engineers for a SOA Suite and OSB. This role is responsible for working with internal teams, external partners and vendors to design, implement and sustain technical business solutions. The Sr. Software Engineer will primarily work with members of the MySubaru Customer Web Portals and Telematics Applications to provide functional and technical middleware solutions and will be accountable for project-level deliverables that meet defined standards and application requirements. Day to day activities will include working with developers, analysts, infrastructure, and database teams to ensure project activities are aligned with architectural and functional objectives.
This position's title (Engineer/Senior/Lead) will vary based upon candidate's ability and experience. We offer a variety of benefits, including relocation assistance.
The following duties are expected of the individual in this role:
- Build and test interfaces for SOA integrations (e.g. integrating Oracle EBS via BPEL services) using Oracle Fusion, Middleware, SOA Suite and OSB
- Design, implement, develop, and maintain technical solutions
- Assess change requests, defects, trouble reports, and ad-hoc database query requests and make recommendations on design approaches and alternatives.
- Supports overall middleware systems architecture requiring knowledge of all aspects of designing and constructing new and existing applications.
- Validate system requirements, both functional and non-functional with business analysts.
- Develops and authors end-to-end middleware solutions for various projects and systems.
- Develops and documents middleware software standards.
- Participate in analysis and design and of services needed for Integration of client internal and external applications
- Perform design and code reviews for deliverables
- Perform code deployments as per the standards and procedures
- Perform complete software development life cycle activities as assigned
- Design and develop software as per established standards and guidelines
- Coordinate with analysts and business users as required
- Participate in test and deployment cycles
- Build the deployment scripts and other automation tools
- Build prototypes - proof of concept services
- Participate in production support activities to resolve issues and monitor the health of SOA middleware
- Strong abilities to analyze data, conduct research, think analytically and work in a diverse group
- Good technical documentation skills
- Experience in working with offshore teams is a Plus
- High level of organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Experience in Automobile Domain is a Plus
The ideal candidate will possess a BA/BS degree in Computer Science (Masters degree in Computer Science a plus) with 7 - 10 years of strong experience and should have worked at least in 2 end-to-end implementations of Oracle SOA middleware integrations. Should have worked in at least one implementation in Oracle SOA 12C. This role may have to work closely with application teams to develop and understand SOA middleware development standards and mentor teams on the understanding and application of these standards.
Tech Skill Requirements:
- Develop services using the Oracle Fusion middleware tool set (latest release) primarily using platforms and technologies like SOA, Oracle Service Bus (OSB), Sterling Integrator, BPEL, BPM, XSLT, Java, SOAP, JSON, https, SQL, PL/SQL, Linux
- Experience in creating REST API using REST Adapter
- Configuration and creation of DB, AQ, File and JMS Adapters
- WebLogic resource configuration and verification of JDBC Datasources, JMS, Email notifications, JCA Adapters
- Create XML schemas and WSDLs
- Experience with Object Oriented programming (Java, J2EE, C, C++, etc.)
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts.
- Understanding of XML schemas, data and transformations. (XSD/XPATH/XQUERY)
- Understanding of web service development and knowledge of web service types and invocation methods (SOAP/REST).
- Experience developing SOA Suite (OSB, BPEL) services and composite applications.
- Experience with Oracle Business Rules.
Must be open to providing off-hours production support .
Back to top