Software Engineer, Middleware
- Camden, NJ
Software Engineer, Middleware
The Software Engineer analyzes, designs, develops and implements complex SOAP and REST Web Services in Oracle BPEL and OSB using Oracle SOA suite 12C to support Subaru's supply chain systems. Will also provide ongoing support for Subaru's Supply Chain systems, including Fusion Middleware based applications. Provide guidance and mentorship to team members on technical development and approach, taking into consideration best practices. Work closely with functional users to gather business requirements and develop business solutions.
The ideal candidate will have a good mix of functional and technical skills with the ability to work through the entire system development lifecycle (SDLC). Will also analyze current business process and define future business processes. Create key documentation for each phase of SDLC including business requirements, functional specifications, technical specifications, and testing documents. Must have the ability to work closely with the business to define requirements and propose solutions. Work closely with the ERP team to gain and transfer knowledge. This is a multi-faceted role working as a business analyst, developer, tester, and production support analyst as well as working on multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Working with business users to develop business solutions
- Create system related documentation for each phase of SDLC
- Analyze, design, develop and implement complex Fusion Middleware (FMW) REST and SOAP services in Oracle SOA Suite 12C (OSB and BPEL) with greater emphasis towards OSB services
- As a technical expert, mentor other team members in best practices for system development and enforce technology standards policy
- Performing design and code review for FMW services with peers enforcing existing technology standards policy and providing feedback and guidance
- Working with other IT teams, vendors and consultants ensure project goals and milestones are achieved
- Providing day to day production support and off hours support as required for all Supply Chain applications
- Ensuring system implementations meet high quality standards and outstanding issues are prioritized and resolved
- Following the SOA PMO process to plan and complete work activities.
- Having ability to effectively present technical concepts and issues to both technical and functional team members
- Maintaining a positive and productive work environment among the team
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 4 to 10 years of experience in a software development position.
- Strong knowledge on integration through Service Oriented Architecture
- Strong hands on Experience in Oracle SOA Suite 12C (OSB and BPEL) and above.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to communicate complex ideas to others
- Very strong problem-solving skills especially in FMW 12C and above platform
- Oracle WebLogic Application Server 11G, 12C and above
- Strong XPATH, XQUERY, XML development knowledge
- Strong knowledge of SOA Suite 12C (OSB and BPEL) exception handling, notifications and delivery methods
- Strong knowledge and understanding of SOA Suite threading and work managers with ability and familiarity of available tools to analyze threads for patterns
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot existing OSB and BPEL composites
- Strong knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL
- General debugging skills - Know how to use telnet and other command-line tools to debug network/firewall connectivity.
- Strong hands on experience in JAVA, JEE
- Experience in a software development position including all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC); including requirements definition, technical design, coding, testing and implementation
- Supply Chain experience is a plus
- Experience working with Oracle EBS 12.2 is a plus
- Experience with on-prem and cloud integration is a plus
- Willingness to learn basics of Oracle EBS and other Supply Chain systems
- Additional background with Unix.
- Demonstrates accountability for meeting milestones and delivery of a quality product
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated to continue learning new technologies or expanding knowledge of current skills
Back to top