Software Engineer - Middleware
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a SOA Suite and OSB Software Engineer. This role is responsible for working with internal teams, external partners and vendors to design, implement and sustain technical business solutions that are leveraged across the company. The Software Engineer will primarily work with members of the IT CRM Team to p rovide functional and technical middleware solutions and will be accountable for project-level deliverables that meet defined standards and application requirements. Day to day activities will include working with developers, analysts, infrastructure, and database teams to ensure project activities are aligned with architectural and functional objectives.
This position's title (Engineer/Senior/Lead) will vary based upon candidate's ability and experience. We offer a variety of benefits, including relocation assistance.
- Build and test interfaces for SOA integrations (e.g. integrating Oracle EBS via BPEL services) using Oracle Fusion, Middleware, SOA Suite and OSB.
- Design, implement, develop, and maintain technical solutions under the guidance of the Lead Analysts.
- Assess change requests, defects, trouble reports, and ad-hoc database query requests and make recommendations on design approaches and alternatives.
- Supports overall middleware systems architecture requiring knowledge of all aspects of designing and constructing new and existing applications.
- Validate system requirements, both functional and non-functional with business analysts.
- Develops and authors end-to-end middleware solutions for various projects and systems.
- Develops and documents middleware software standards.
BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or similar degree; and 4+ years of related experience and some experience with any CRM Platform (Siebel, Oracle Service Cloud, Salesforce)
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently and with a team, and take initiative to find solutions for business requirements.
- Eager to learn new technology and invest time in independent learning.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts.
- Understanding of XML schemas, data and transformations. (XSD/XPATH/XQUERY)
- Understanding of web service development and knowledge of web service types and invocation methods (SOAP/REST).
- Experience developing SOA Suite (OSB, BPEL) services and composite applications.
- Experience with Oracle Business Rules.
- Experience with Object Oriented programming (Java, J2EE, C, C++, etc.)
- Experience working in a production support environment.
- Understanding of Relational database models and experience with SQL/PLSQL and associated development tools such as TOAD or SQL Developer.
- Understanding of database systems and data management, conceptual understanding of business workflows and hands-on development of process flow diagrams
- Proven history of creating and documenting standard process and driving standards to compliance within the Information Technology team.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Exposure and understanding of different models of SDLC.
- Experience with development IDEs, e.g. JDeveloper/Rational Modeler or similar.
- Experience working with version control and software configuration management tools.
Meet Some of Subaru of America's Employees
Nytasha W.Associate Zone Director- Philadelphia, PA
Nytasha communicates Subaru’s corporate marketing strategy to regional markets and retail locations throughout the U.S. She ensures Subaru’s messaging is consistent and on brand across all areas of the company.
Back to top