Senior Software Engineer / Database Developer
- Camden, NJ
Subaru of America is seeking a talented, highly motivated Senior Software Engineer/Database Developer with strong understanding of programming fundamentals, software design and practices to join our Dealer Management System team within Information Technology. The successful candidate will understand business process management and customer business requirements to translate them to specific IT Solutions to support key initiatives surrounding Dealer Management Systems (DMS) and DMS data.
- Developing solutions using Database technologies - Oracle - PLSQL, ETL, Informatica, and cloud deployment and services.
- Assists business owners in developing tactical and strategic product, services and/or programs to support business goals.
- Works closely with team personnel and business partners to identify and maximize opportunities to use information technology to improve product, service and/or program business processes.
- Coordinates the development of all approved versions of business and functional specifications for specified applications.
- Analyzes the business unit's activities and trends.
- Ensures that all items follow the change management process and are entered and tracked through the change management software.
- Defines, develops and implements quality assurance practices and procedures, end user test plans and other QA assessments.
- Supports system and integration testing activities
- Ensures that all documentation accurately reflects the current status of changes and outstanding issues so that business requirements reflect application features and functions.
- Analyzes discrepancies in service or performance and makes recommendations for updates/ changes.
- Ensures continuing operational quality by documenting bug fixes and enhancements.
- Initiate design reviews for new applications and adhere to software development standards
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related.
- 7-10 years experience with PL/SQL; developing stored procedures and optimizing SQL
- Proven data modeling and solution design experience
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently and take initiative to find solutions for business requirements
- Understands the business issues and data challenges of the enterprise and industry.
- Strong Analysis and Reporting skills.
- Expertise in Business Planning and Management.
- Strong Communication and Presentation skills.
- Seasoned in Customer Focus and Relationship Building.
- Outstanding Problem Solving and Decision Making abilities.
Back to top