Senior Database Administrator
- Camden, NJ
Senior Database Administrator
General Responsibilities :
Design, implementation, maintenance and repair of organizational database systems. The DBA ensures that the underlying technologies provide users with flexibility in managing, accessing, retrieval, sharing & configuration of the data managed by organizational database systems. The qualified candidate will have an excellent working knowledge of Oracle Database Enterprise Edition, versions 11 - 19, and a good working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, version 2016 and higher.
- Defines and implements controls required to verify data integrity.
- Defines and implements access & security controls to protect corporate data and database systems availability.
- Monitors databases and implements changes assuring performance, stability & availability of database systems.
- Provides support to meet objectives of development and testing.
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert to programmers and engineers in their efforts to efficiently utilize database systems.
- Assists with the implementation & upgrade of database systems.
- Investigates and resolves problems related to database systems.
- Performs as applications DBA with the ability to manage application infrastructure components.
- Provides 7x24 production support as required.
- Creates and executes development plans across assigned projects and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Implements & monitors system backups & performs periodic restoration testing.
- Maintains installation standards of systems development and documentation.
- Ensures the ongoing availability and integrity of company database systems.
- Assists in planning the continuity and recovery of a primary business function following the loss of service resulting from a major incident.
- Provides information to project managers regarding status of development efforts or system outages.
- Ensures the integrity of computer systems through the implementation of approved contingency measures and the monitoring of use.
- Conducts testing of database systems & equipment using appropriate procedures to assess performance.
- Responsible for database software installation, cloning, patching for assigned projects.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related degree, and 6 to 8 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of current Oracle RDBMS versions is required with options such as RAC, Partitioning, Multi-tenant, and Advanced Security.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently and take initiative to find solutions for business requirements.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Possess knowledge to quickly understand complex problems and devise effective solutions.
- Familiar with Unix (Solaris) and Linux (RedHat) operating systems
- A background in database administration that includes: administration, development, design, backup & restoration, scalability, capacity & reporting, data migration, data warehousing, data mining, and reporting.
- Database performance enhancement and tuning.
- Database scalability, sizing and capacity.
- Proficient in SQL and SQL tuning procedures.
Back to top