Remanufacturing Quality Manager
Summary: Manages and supports technical and quality aspects of Subaru of America's (SOA's) remanufacturing programs. Leads the development and implementation of new or updated remanufacturing projects. Serves as a stakeholder for the development and implementation of new or updated Subaru Diagnostic Systems with Subaru Corporation (SBR), SOA and third parties.
- Manages and maintains all Production Product Approval Process (PPAP) elements (such as forms, documents, and engineering standards) for remanufacturing products.
- Identifies, develops, and approves new or expanded remanufacturing opportunities.
- Negotiates technical resolutions with remanufacturing vendors and/or SBR.
- Acts as lead in joint audits with SBR of remanufacturing vendors' facilities.
- Monitors remanufactured product quality, identifies issues, and takes corrective actions to resolve product quality issues.
- Analyzes warranty claim information, initiates charge backs and provides feedback to remanufacturing vendors. Determines who is responsible for the origin of the claim issue.
- Participates in the development of new or updated Subaru Diagnostic Systems by identifying new technologies and industry trends.
- Evaluates the performance and quality of remanufactured components on vehicles. This includes, but is not limited to, axles, alternators, engines, transmissions, turbochargers, and starters.
- Analyzes monthly reports submitted by remanufacturing vendors to determine vendor charge backs and dealer warranty claim debits based on findings.
- Identifies alternate repair and remanufacturing methods.
- Extensive automotive technical knowledge.
- Background as an Original Equipment (OE) Service Engineer.
- Experience in OE remanufacturing processes.
- Strong investigative, problem solving, and negotiating skills.
- Experience with product development processes.
- Ability to understand technical drawings, test specifications, and approval documents.
- Project management and supervisory skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 / TS16949.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing / Lean Kaizen.
- 6 Sigma Blackbelt preferred.
- Travel 25%
- Ability to work in an office environment and be hands on in a shop environment from time to time for product evaluation
Education/Experience: BA/BS + 6-8 years of related experience
Back to top