Quality Assurance Team Leader
This position focuses on activities designed to maintain and improve the vehicle quality level in several key areas. These include the build/assembly quality of the vehicle, the quality of the pre-delivery inspection (PDI), and the quality of accessories along with the proper installation as performed by the port processor.
- Inspect vehicles and generate reports on deficiencies.
- Thorough knowledge of the spec. and function of each model to understand characteristics.
- Judge accessory installation compliance against SOA's standards.
- Perform tear down audits to confirm hidden aspects of complex installations, including critical wire harness routing and tie off points.
- Understand and be able to train others on all facets of the port PDI process.
- Be able to perform minor to mid-range vehicle diagnosis and repairs .
- Perform a variety of campaign activities alone or as part of a group
- Inspect and manage port discrepant parts program.
- Participate in new accessory installation trials.
- Participate in new model launch related programs.
- Generate communications in the absence of the Port QA Manager.
- Ability to train small groups in specific tasks.
- Ability to complete projects without supervision.
- Mid range mechanical ability, some specific Subaru knowledge is preferred.
- Ability to judge quality exceptions impartially and consistently.
- Ability to interact with a variety of individuals, groups, and companies.
- Ability to attend off site technical training classes.
- Computer skills to include PowerPoint, digital imaging manipulation, bar code scan tool data logging, service and parts manual online access and research.
- Ability to work shift hours as required
Work Environment :
-Ability to lift 50lbs
-Ability to work in all weather conditions, all times of the year as the job requires work inside/outside of the building
-Participation required in technical training courses as required
- BA/BS preferred, Minimum 2 year degree(AA/AS) plus 2-4 years of related experience.
Back to top