Product Public Relations Manager
- Camden, NJ
Responsible for promoting Subaru to automotive media organizations, general press and media. Strategizes the most effective way to maximize positive media exposure (and thus aid consumer awareness and opinion) of Subaru products. Responsible for the development and execution of product publicity strategies to support sales, marketing and promotional opportunities for the Subaru brand and support corporate reputation enhancement through brand and product story-telling. Effectively communicates the Subaru of America (SOA) product strategy in an appealing, consistent, and professional manner.
Must be able to perform all of these:
- Plans communication strategies for global new product reveals and vehicle launches, facilitating collaboration with Engineering, Safety and Marketing teams to ensure cohesive planning and message development.
- Develops and executes media programming, leveraging existing and new Marketing assets, campaigns and programs including events to support media launch drives, briefing and auto shows.
- Develops and produces non-traditional programs, videos, etc. to support the product publicity strategies for sales, marketing and promotional opportunities for the Subaru brand.
- Participates in ongoing brainstorming, story development, media outreach and program hosting for existing products, including the placement of stories in key print, broadcast, online and social media outlets.
- Implements annual product communications strategy for all brands, including cross-functional opportunities.
- Attends media group functions and conducts product walk-arounds.
- Oversees the Subaru press fleet and motorsport publicity.
- Contributes to content development and influencer outreach.
- Perform creative program development and media hosting during product launches.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Must have automotive experience.
- Outstanding writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to explain complex automotive technology in an interesting way to enable non-engineering journalists to understand and relate this in their articles.
- Ability to work long hours in conjunction with auto shows, press events, rally events, and when journalists are on deadline to file their stories.
- Ability to effectively represent Subaru in front of national broadcast and print media, and be able to do so under pressure.
- Journalism, English, Communications, Engineering or Public Relations degree preferred.
Bachelor's degree and 6-8 years of experience.
Back to top