Parts Planning Manager
T he Parts Planning Manager will be responsible for analyzing, forecasting, procuring and distributing service parts for all new vehicle launches, recalls and campaigns. Gathers data and conducts analysis with the goal of improving the organization's supply chain efficiency in terms of service parts availability, facing fill ratios, ordering spikes, demand forecasting and lead time management. Reviews and innovates all stages of parts fulfillment to the end customer to help identify under-performing areas in the supply chain. Suggests improvements in the areas of: Cost reduction, process improvements, bottlenecks at the Regional Distribution Centers (RDCs)/Ports, transportation, inventory levels, and planning system parameters. Collaborates with planning team to come up with innovative ideas with the end goal of making parts available to retailers and customers with the goal to provide the right parts to the right location, in correct quantities on time.
Must be able to perform all of these:
- Designs and implements new methodologies for service parts requirements for new vehicle launches, recalls and campaigns. Tests, documents and implements SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for all such methodologies.
- Implements innovative methodologies to improve and advance service parts supply chain across the entire network with a focus on procurement.
- Analyzes geographical and seasonal demands for service parts for new vehicle launches. Collaborates with Procurement team to plan and implement a supply strategy.
- Analyzes service parts requirements for existing and upcoming recalls/campaigns. Designs, implements and manages service parts procurement module for the same.
- Monitors and garners appropriate service parts fill ratios in line with company strategy and customer needs.
- Participates in supplier improvement initiatives, with ability to diagnose improvements, develop projects, and support them through realization of benefits.
- Utilizes financial and analytical experience including familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation and analysis of large data sets to maintain a lean supply chain module for all service parts pertaining to new vehicle launches, recalls and campaigns.
- Collaborates with Warranty, Service, Factories, Vendors and Headquarters on new model launches to assess, prepare and launch parts procurement programs.
- Envisions and adapts to changing trends and challenges in supply chain.
- Adapts and innovates in a rapidly changing environment.
- Collaborates with IT to build new reporting tools.
- Actively participates in cross-functional training.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- APICS or other forecasting, Planning and Procurement certification required.
- Automotive industry experience strongly preferred (particularly in Parts, Warranty, or Service).
- Thorough understanding and experience dealing with supply chain processes which will help identify groups and/or teams to collaborate with to solve issues that arise on a day to day basis as it relates to inventory control.
- Strong capabilities in vendor management, Lead time analysis, Threshold management, Last time buy principles and concepts of Parts Life cycle end to end.
- Thorough functional and transactional knowledge of ERP or supply chain systems (SAP,JDA, Xelus).
- Advanced MS Office Skills - Excel, Word, Power point and Visio.
- Strong analytical abilities with s olid experience demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Self-starter, high level of personal accountability, and innovative individual.
- Demonstrated project management skills and proven financial capabilities to maintain quality, cost, and timing of programs.
- Demonstrated strong communication and negotiation skills to work with internal and external contacts at various levels within organizations to represent the company in a professional manner and sell parts procurement concepts/strategies to internal management.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital.
- Ability to align people to a common goal and to think and react in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- BA/BS college degree required or its equivalent, MBA preferred.
- At least eight (8) to ten (10) years of Inventory, supply planning, material planning, or demand planning experience.
Back to top