NASI Research Associate - Administrative Assistant
- Washington, DC
Summary: This position provides administrative support to North American Subaru, Inc. (NASI) Vice Presidents and Directors in Washington, DC. Position serves as a liaison between NASI's Washington office and NASI's New Jersey-based office. Organizes and maintains company assets, utilities, equipment and records, including invoicing. Primary liaison with NASI-NJ on administrative matters. Position supports federal and state government affairs work through research, monitoring, and preparation of meetings and presentations.
- Administrative Support : Provides support to Vice President(s) and Director(s) within NASI, including disseminating relevant organizational information; and coordinating meeting arrangements and any other needs of the office environment. Handles and protects confidential documents such as HR data, legal correspondence, etc. Responsible for submitting and ensuring payment of invoices. Greeting and assist visitors as needed. Providing support to the Accounting Department of Head Office; assist to accounts payable process, such as handling invoice and data entry; filing invoice, contract, and other documents related to office operations. Maintaining and filing shared folder on the network. Purchasing, managing, maintaining office equipment and supply inventory. Making travel arrangements; coordinating events.
- Employee Database : Maintains and updates the data of employees, such as organization chart, employee lists (including office, title, phone number, address, etc.)
- Government Affairs Support: Monitor and track federal and state legislative and political activity that may have an impact on the company; support the Government Affairs team in its advocacy efforts, including conducting research, compiling data on the company's economic footprint in various states and congressional districts, and preparing briefing materials, fact sheets, presentations and other meeting materials; attend congressional hearings, industry trade association and other stakeholder group meetings as needed; assist with the planning and organizing of company fly-ins, briefings, product demonstrations and other related events with Congressional and Administration officials; assist with the planning of site visits and tours of company facilities by federal and state government officials.
- Acts as interface between NASI management and SOA-related departments as necessary to ensure clear understanding between the two.
- Assists NASI Accountant on accounting and other administrative issues.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills especially with Japanese staff with limited English.
- Cultural competency to work harmoniously with Japanese staff.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Familiarity with office technology and equipment, including WiFi network, computers, fax machines, scanners, printers, phone systems, etc.
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent skill level in Powerpoint and creating presentations.
Education/Experience: 2 year degree(Associates) plus 2-4 years of experience at a minimum, BA/BS degree preferred
Back to top