Lead Programmer Analyst (Retailer Portals)
Primary responsibilities include supervising development cycles and manage business expectations for distributed applications that drive Subaru of America's multi-tier web environment. The following duties are expected of the individual in this role:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical peers
- Coordinate project work with the development and QA testing teams. Must execute code reviews. Must be able to provide technical direction to the development team.
- Work with business partners and outside vendors to collect and confirm project business requirements.
- Ensure work is completed on time and in accordance with our coding standards, conventions, and practices.
- Work independently on long term projects, conduct meetings with stakeholders to see projects through
- Development of web applications, web components, and web services
- Follow the complete lifecycle of a project from conception to deployment
- Architect new projects with the Manager of Application Development
- Follow project specifications to complete tasks
- Troubleshooting and debugging
- Test and manage project deployments and production releases.
- Maintains current knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture design, and technical standards. Ability to lead and mentor developers
- Communicates with project manager on a frequent basis. Identifies tasks and issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules. Provides realistic task deliverables estimates .
The ideal candidate will possess a BA/BS degree in Computer Science (Masters degree in Computer Science a plus) with 6 plus years of overall development and 3 plus years of enterprise software experience. Must have excellent verbal communication, written communication, and social interaction skills.
Tech Skill Requirements:
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithm, enterprise systems, and asynchronous architectures.
- Core competencies in Java, XML, HTTP, Web Services (REST/SOAP).
- Strong working knowledge of Spring framework.
- Experience building web applications for mobile devices is a plus
- Deep understanding of web services software architecture and design, including security based implementations.
- Experience implementing transaction and management and persistence using lightweight frameworks such as JPA and Hibernate.
Take a look at the IT Team! Listen to our employees - see our staff and their stories.
Back to top