Summary: The Sr. Internal Auditor will perform audit functions to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and internal standards. This position is responsible for performing risk assessments, identifying process improvements, investigating improper accounting or documentation, and developing workpapers and reports on findings. This position will also work with external auditors to ensure accurate results of the audits.
- Performs high-quality financial, operational and compliance audits in accordance with professional auditing standards and company policy.
- Participates in the testing of J-SOX key financial controls to assess whether the controls are properly designed and operating as intended by management.
- Conducts risk assessments to identify missing controls or controls that need to be redesigned to mitigate risks.
- Conducts walkthroughs of Subaru of America (SOA) programs/departments to identify process improvements related to efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Prepares and drafts high-quality audit workpapers, audit findings, and audit reports that are supported by sufficient, reliable, relevant and useful information.
- Performs various special projects and fraud investigations as deemed necessary.
- Works closely with the external audit firm and 3 rd party co-source partners to help ensure all audit work is properly planned and coordinated.
- Increases auditing skills and professional competencies through on-the-job training, professional seminars or pursuit of additional professional certifications.
- Engages in industry activities and aims to be aware of emerging issues/trends in the automotive industry that could potentially impact SOA.
- Periodically participates in the SOA warranty audit process to better understand the risks and controls in that area of the business.
- Periodically rotates to other SOA departments to help broaden business acumen and knowledge of SOA operations.
- Continually enhances and improves IT auditing and technology skills
- Must be a CPA.
- Possessing or actively pursuing the CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) and/or CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) certifications are a plus.
- Prior Big 4 auditing experience.
- Ability to plan, design and execute financial, operational and SOX audit plans and programs within established time frames.
- Ability to adequately document and clearly explain all proposed findings and recommendations to management. Must be receptive and have good professional etiquette while addressing questions/concerns/criticisms from management.
- Ability to travel as required by the annual audit plan and special projects/investigations.
- Capable of performing risk assessments to identify key business and financial risks along with the related internal controls.
- High level of professional ethics and skepticism.
- Excellent interview and listening skills with an ability to persuade and collaborate with both internal and external parties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to produce meaningful audit workpapers, findings and audit reports.
- Proficient at using automated workpapers.
- Proficient at data analytics and data mining tools using (preferably ACL or IDEA).
- Experience with process mapping/flowcharting using (preferably Visio).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word an Excel) and Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI).
Education/Experience: BA/BS(4 year degree) + 3-4 years of related experience, CPA
Back to top