INTERN - Risk Management
Risk Management Intern - Paid Internship
Course of Study
Bachelor's degree with major in Risk Management
- 1 year in length [37.5 hours per week during the summer; 25 hours per week during school year]
- Internship to begin in May
- Junior (or a Senior planning to pursue a Master's Degree in the fall)
- Must be an active student for the entire length of internship
- At least 1 year of work experience
- Must possess a valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record
- International students may require special work authorization to work a one-year internship. Speak with your International Students Office/Advisor at your institution before applying.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with all levels of the organization
- Proficiency Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Access, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work independently.
- Assist with the marketing activities for insurance products to our customers and dealers including Subaru Advantage Insurance, Subaru Equity Shield, SSLP, and Dealer Floor plan insurance.
- Create and update Excel spreadsheets.
- Assist with the compilation of underwriting data for insurance renewals.
- Download cancelled checks from bank's website and forward with copies of cancelled Added Security service contracts to insurance company.
- Review and monitor certificates of insurance required of promotional/vendor vehicle lease agreements. This includes assembling and forwarding information in agreements to the outside company tracking the insurance and following up with the promotional company or vendor to address any discrepancies.
- Assist with the administration and implementation of loss control programs.
- Assist with distribution and collection of loaner vehicles.
- Enter claims data into Risk Management database.
- Process parts orders for claims.
- Assist with subsidiary and insurance policy billings.
- Run driving records and update Access database with driver information.
- Organize bills of lading and ocean marine vessel reports and record damage amounts each quarter.
- Monitor AED devices located within the building and schedule employee recertification training.
Back to top