INTERN - Engineer/National Accessory Quality Assurance
National Accessory Quality Assurance Intern - Paid Internship
Course of Study
Bachelor's degree with a major in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering.
- 1 year in length [37.5 hours per week during the summer; 25 hours per week during school year]
- Internship to begin in May
- Junior (or a Senior planning to pursue a Master's Degree in the fall)
- Must be an active student for the entire length of internship
- Previous internship or work experience preferred
- Automotive experience a plus
- Must possess a valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record
- International students may require special work authorization to work a one-year internship. Speak with your International Students Office/Advisor at your institution before applying.
- Summarize customer feedback from Customer Retailer Service (CRS) data, warranty claims from SOA Ports, Independent Processing Center, and Retailers
- Data mining and extracting information to identify trends for seasonality, location, type of defects and attributes etc.
- Interpret results and rank the issues from data patterns using appropriate criteria developed for the task
- Report the results on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis for all vehicle models and model year
- Hands-on and proactive for accessory evaluation, fit up, color match, packaging evaluation, etc.
- Participate in SWAT (Strength, Weakness, Areas of Improvement, Thread) analysis for SOA Supplier base
- Participate in the development of Product Sourcing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for new supplier selection and Request for Quotations (RFQs)
- Weekly tracking of National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) website to look for potential "complaints" and/or recalls on accessories
Subaru of America's Accessory Group is a fast-paced and exciting environment that provides an opportunity to experience business operations on a national level. This position is responsible for helping to collect, analyze, and report data related to warranty claims and product design improvements for Subaru Genuine Accessories. This position requires extensive analytical aptitude with some understanding of product development and design.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required along with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment. The ideal candidate would be confident to conduct presentations in front of coworkers and management. The candidate must be able to handle multiple projects and competing deadlines.
Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word are required.
Back to top